Yet Another Question!

Gibberer

Perhaps one of you could come over and play the game for me? :(

It's strange but I can't seem to sell any magic bolts(for crossbows) and was wondering if this had come up before. Hate to dump what should be easy money but the space does get filled...

Dunno why this ended up in BG1 NPC (or why no one's noticed) but you seem to be looking for something like the "Sellable Items" component from BG2 Tweaks.

From its readme:

Sellable Items (Icelus)

Previously known as Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings

Originally, this component made previously unsellable staves, clubs, and slings sellable for a single gold piece as well as restoring the Root of the Problem club to its original selling price from BG. It's been expanded to include other unsellable items, as well as introducing a store tweak: stores which buy arrows now buy bolts as well. The store changes will have little effect in BG2, but in Tutu games there are no stores that buy bolts.

Guest Guest_Miloch_*

BG1 NPC doesn't change any bolt-buying behaviour (at least, I'd be very surprised if it does). As it says in the quote there, it's an issue with the unmodded game (BG1 or Tutu). Get the Tweak pack here. It's compatible with Tutu but not BG1 (same goes for BG1 NPC).

Gibberer,

You are right - you are playing BG1 content, and not able to sell any bolts.

That is because in BG1 and EasyTutu and Tutu v4, no stores buy bolts. So you can't sell them. No one wants them, no one pays any coin. The original game, as shipped, did not let anyone sell bolts.

BG1NPC only installs and adds content to Tutu/EasyTutu/BGT games. So, if you are in the BG portion of the game, and you have successfully installed and found content for BG1NPC, you are not playing the i.e. game "Baldur's Gate", you are playing the content of "Baldur's Gate" through Tutu/EasyTutu/BGT ( one of the three : ) )

In vanilla, unmodded Tutu, no one buys any crossbow bolts. In vanilla, unmodded Baldur's Gate, no one buys any crossbow bolts. They just don't. So what you are describing is vanilla game behavior.

The only way to solve this, and get to sell the bolts, is to install the mod listed above. It will install on EasyTutu and Tutu, and will let you sell the bolts to any store that sells arrows. So, if you don't install the mod, then you will not be able to sell any bolts anywhere.

If you have enough coin, dump those useless bolts and fill up your quiver with all the cool stuff you want!

If you are playing plain BG1 you can install the "Sellable items" tweak here. But that can't be the case for you since you're also using BG1 NPC, and therefore must be playing on (Easy)Tutu or BGT (it's only compatible with those). In which case, you can install "Sellable items" from BG2 Tweaks to fix the issue.

Archived