There's a problem with my install

So it's like this.

Hi btw :( . So it's like this; I was testing a mod and for some reason my save got corrupted; let me state right now that it was not the mod's fault we had a power outtage around here and my comp crashed. But since my save was corrupted I thought it best to reinstall my BG2 + TOB. So I started the uninstall, and got through it ok. But then I install SoA, no problem, and get to TOB but I keep getting the message are you sure you want to uninstall TOB? I tried just saying yes, maybe I forgot to delete a file or something, but it doesn't work. I then tried just installing BG in a different map, but this is no sollution since I still get the are you sure you want to uninstall TOB message.

Again, I can install SoA just fine, TOB seems to be giving me problems. Also I can't delete my old BG2 map, it's empty though, and I scanned for virusses but there don't seem to be any. So, I was wondering if maybe someone else ran into something like this? I'm running Windows XP btw, if that's any help.

Greetz,

Arconian

I had that happen on my desktop when I botched a Tutu installation (EasyTutu wasn't out yet) and had to reinstall BG1. So yeah, you're going to have to go the manual uninstallation route.

Sorry about the headache. Crashes bite.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. It worked, of course, and I am very sorry for taking up your time with such a noobish question. You'd think that after following the mod community for nigh on 5 years, I'd know to first use the search engine to see if my problem had happened before x:. It won't happen again, promise :(

Crashes bite.

Don't they ever :D. Btw, I was going to test your mod while running a BGT or Tutu installation, is that ok with you? With my old installation I didn't run into any bugs, I ad just cleared the second assignment when my comp crashed :D. I think that is the least spoilerish way I could put it down ;) .

Greetz,

Arconian

Archived