IWD & Dale Keeper

I have just loaded Dale Keeper so that I can change the portraits of my characters. I can not get it to work. At the save game screen, the box to the right is blank, and when I continue I get a message that reads

"Seek failed on an unnamed file"

I'm asking about this here, because some of the folks at the DK forums are saying the G3 Tweak Pack and Dale Keeper are not compatible.

Does anyone know if this is true?

If so is there anything to do, short of not using DK?

I will not stop using G3TP.

Thnaks

Sonny :(:D

I've heard that it is actually caused by Dale Keeper having been designed before HOW & TOTLM came out. G3DaleTweaks keeps getting brought up because it allows some HOW & ToTLM items to be available in the IWD only parts of the game.

One solution I've heard (and I have not tried it) is to drop all items from the party, save the game and exit. Run Dale Keeper and open the save where the party members are itemless. You then make your changes and save, start IWD, load your modified save and pick up the items from the ground...

Try it out and let us know if that actually does work....

[quote name='plainab' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:24 PM' post='150166'

One solution I've heard (and I have not tried it) is to drop all items from the party, save the game and exit. Run Dale Keeper and open the save where the party members are itemless. You then make your changes and save, start IWD, load your modified save and pick up the items from the ground...

Try it out and let us know if that actually does work....

Thanks, that worked. Would never have thought of that. Now I can make my Bard look more like a Bard :(

Thanks again

Sonny :D:D

Archived