Sand romance?

Guest Ant

No, there isn't a Sand romance in the mod. Sorry.

The romancable guys are Bishop, and Casavir, with added flirts for Gann.

There's a Neeshka romance in development, and Neeshka, Elanee, and Safiya have flirts.

I would love that too but unfortunately he's not a favorite of our dear scripters. I'd make one except I have no knowledge whatsoever of scripting. I might want to learn someday so who knows... But if (and that's a big if) it happens, don't expect anything soon at best.

I would love that too but unfortunately he's not a favorite of our dear scripters. I'd make one except I have no knowledge whatsoever of scripting. I might want to learn someday so who knows... But if (and that's a big if) it happens, don't expect anything soon at best.

Aw, he's a lil lovable elf! Oh, well, I should learn scripting too... the only problem is that my pc is in another country *back to crying in the corner*

It isn't a question of lack of desire, it's a question of lack of time. I've said I'll do one eventually, but it won't be until I've got my IE projects cleared. Given the size of my backlog, it won't be before summer 2010.

Peculiary, Sand's romantic dialogues were the first thing I tried to do in NWN2 (all gone with the install, because I did it wrong, and there was just flirting when you came to his shop in Act I, so not much, no worries). Sand's romance is far more difficult to implement than the default romancees, because there is no in-game material for it (jelousy battles). There is next to no scripting ability required to do NWN2 additions, btw, it's all dialogue coding. Compatibility is a big concern though, so if someone would like to do it, some players might appreciate it if it was built into the pack as well. Or labeling as incompat to avoid problems with the installs. :(

Guest Kimmuryiel

I would also love a Sand romance (if anyone finds one, let me know! kimmuryiel@yahoo.com)...he sort of makes me think of an elven Edwin :) (and as Edwin's my favorite romance from BG2...)...but A: I'm not sure how open NWN2 is to mods and B: I wouldn't know how to make one anyway (if I did, I'd make a romance for females in BG2 that ISN'T a mage-type(!!) (I know Solaufein is a warrior type, but his romance isn't that creative in the way that it's written >_> same thing whether you start it in ToB or SoA))

You've got Bishop, you've got Casavir (for the three people besides myself that actually like Casavir), and you'll have Neeshka eventually, but everybody wants Sand...

Assuming that the IE work goes as scheduled, I'm planning on starting a Sand romance in Feb of next year. Yes, I know that's six months away, but I've got 3 mods to get out between now and then. I feel faint thinking about that, but two of them should go fairly quickly.

I, too, loved Sand, though I don't know how much he reminded me of Edwin. Both are snarky, true, but Sand isn't as self-serving as Edwin. He's clever and he's got an ego that needs a lot of attention, like Edwin, but he's capable of looking beyond his own self-interest.

Anywho, I've got a computer to get fixed, so everything is on hold until that happens.

Guest guest
You've got Bishop, you've got Casavir (for the three people besides myself that actually like Casavir), and you'll have Neeshka eventually, but everybody wants Sand...

Assuming that the IE work goes as scheduled, I'm planning on starting a Sand romance in Feb of next year. Yes, I know that's six months away, but I've got 3 mods to get out between now and then. I feel faint thinking about that, but two of them should go fairly quickly.

I, too, loved Sand, though I don't know how much he reminded me of Edwin. Both are snarky, true, but Sand isn't as self-serving as Edwin. He's clever and he's got an ego that needs a lot of attention, like Edwin, but he's capable of looking beyond his own self-interest.

Anywho, I've got a computer to get fixed, so everything is on hold until that happens.

Sand mod - sounds nice :) I was looking for an excuse to play my favorite OC again.

Guest Seidon

Hey I can wait. ^_^ My mother always told me, "Good things come to those who wait..." lol Sand was always my favorite and I was disappointed that he couldn't be romanced in the OC. And you aren't alone about Casavir, my sister thinks he's just the best and that Bishop is a beast, unless she's chaotic evil and then he's a cute beast. lol

I like Neeska. lol. I just never play a male npc and I have to say that a Sand romance sounds nice. It'll give me an excuse to play again and be a full elf instead of my usual half elf/human for the Bishop romance which I love by the way. I don't like Casavir but then I usually don't like Paladins. They're too sanctimonious for me. and to Kimmuryiel for non-mage romance in BG2 there is always Alkon to look forward to. :party:

I am curious to see what berelinde will come up with. I hope she develops Sand in the vein he was presented in Act I, rather than the wind-bag he became (in my opinion) in Act II when he joined the party, that killed my liking for the character. My deepest heart desire is that Berelinde changes the Trial so Sand actually WINS it if he is in love with the PC on the strength of his rethorics, instead of being so pathetically inefficient when left to his own devices as a lawer. It shouldn't be too tough, since that branch is probably separate and short. I want a rocking speech that shakes Neverwinter and makes them weep and applaud... :party:

Ladies and gentleman, I have a penchant for jokes, but I am afraid you will have to find your entertainment elswhere tonight. Maybe the notorious Miss Torio will oblige.

Not I.

I am here to speak of the accused. Is she an innocent lamb? By all gods, NO! Look into her eyes, and you will know on an instant that she is capable of killing, that she has killed and that she will kill again.

But not without rhyme or reason.

//branch out on the different alignments and classes....///

I dunno, just want to see Sand triumph there in Court not be as impotent as he is in the original....

Im so in love with Sand. *sigh*

Honestly, I have played it through with Casavir as my love interest, and hes sweet but boring. I am playing it through with Bishop...is it just me or is he just always mean and nasty no matter what? Nothing I say makes him even remotely likeable. He doesnt want to be romantic or nice. Ever. :party:

Having Sand as a choice would be completely heavenly for me.

Archived