Changing class allowed weapons

Guest Stephen

Guest Stephen

What I want to do is make it so that say, a fighter mage cleric can use all the weapons a fighter can use (all of them). I tried changing classweaps.2da, but that just made it so I can get proficiencies in those weapon types, I still can't equip them.

Thanks,

Stephen

You need to adjust all .itm files in order to make them usable.

Here's a snippet from the part of IR's "Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics" component that does this. It's probably easiest to just stick this code in the .tp2 of a new mod.

// patch items to allow use
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN
READ_SHORT 0x1c item_type
READ_LONG  0x1e usabilities
READ_ASCII 0x22 animation (2)
PATCH_IF ((~%animation%~ STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP ~\(  \|[2-4][AW]\|D[1-4]\|c[0-6]\|H[0-6]\)~) != 0 || item_type == 0x05 || item_type == 0x0e || item_type == 0x18 || item_type == 0x1f) BEGIN // weapons and ammunition
  PATCH_IF ((usabilities BAND 0b00000000000000000010000000000000) == 0b00000000000000000000000000000000) BEGIN // usable by f/m
	SET usabilities = usabilities BAND 0b11111111111111110111111111111111 // make usable by f/m/c
  END
  WRITE_LONG 0x1e usabilities
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

If you don't know how to make your own mod, just follow these easy steps. Make a new text file in your BG directory called StephenMod.tp2 and copy the code below into the file. Then insert the stuff you want your mod to do, like the code snippet I posted above, and save the file. Now, make a copy of the setup-modname.exe of another mod and rename it to setup-StephenMod.exe. Run this file to install your mod.

BACKUP ~StephenMod/backup~ // location to store files for uninstall purposes

AUTHOR ~Stephen~ // email address to display if install fails

VERSION ~v1~

BEGIN ~Stephen's Mod~ // name of the first component of your mod

Guest Stephen

Could you give me a link to that mod ("Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics")? I can't find it by searching and that scripting doesn't exactly look neat and object oriented. I would assume it does what I want anyway.

Stephen

Could you give me a link to that mod ("Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-Classed Clerics")? I can't find it by searching and that scripting doesn't exactly look neat and object oriented. I would assume it does what I want anyway.

Stephen

Yes, you can find it here, but it wasn't designed with BG1 in mind, so I'd recommend not installing parts of it on other games unless you know what you're doing. That particular component will probably fail to install unless you have a BG2-like weapprof.2da in your override folder. To get around this, you could either copy one over if you have a BG2 install handy, or you could modify the component to not try to modify that file. To do the latter, extract the mod to your BG folder, open up item_rev/components/multiclass_clerics.tpa and delete everything below line 50 before installing.

@ Stehpan - BG1 Tweaks has a component allowing cleric and druid multi's to use the weapons and armors of their other class(es), modified from the IWD Tweak Pack. I believe this is what you want. It is specifically for BG1/TotSC vanilla, not Tutu or BGT. Check it out and let me know.

Guest Stephen

But it doesn't completely remove the restrictions? It says "i.e. a mage-cleric still can not use daggers and a fighter-druid can not use plate armor.", but Jaheira can use plate armor, and she's a fighter druid, so would it stop her from being able to?

Stephen

But it doesn't completely remove the restrictions? It says "i.e. a mage-cleric still can not use daggers and a fighter-druid can not use plate armor.", but Jaheira can use plate armor, and she's a fighter druid, so would it stop her from being able to?

Stephen

Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-Class Clerics and Druids allows the character to use armor and weapons of the non-cleric/druid class. So a F/M/C can use any weapon a fighter can, but any armor stops spell casting, while a T/C is limited to thief armor but thief and cleric weapons. Unless Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor or Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor are used, respectively.

As for Jaheira, a F/D should not be able wear any armor or use any weapon except those allowed the druid class. Loosen Item Restrictions allows her to use all weapons and armor allowed the fighter class.

I always hated my dualed F/C losing points in sword and bow because he became a cleric, while a F/M had no such problem. And the F/M has far more powerful attack and defense spells than the F/C...

Archived