BG1NPC and Foreign Language Question

chumba_woomba

Hello! I currently have a full French install of Baldur's Gate. Unless I've missed something, I don't think there is any French translation of this mod. But I would really like to have the extra content it provides. So I wanted to know if it was possible to install the English mod even with a French install, or if that would create some sort of catastrophe with the .tlk file?

I don't mind having English dialogue interspersed in my game.

As far as I know, there should be no problem installing it onto a French language install - I have installed a Spanish translation onto an English install for testing and had no problems. I have also seen BGT Mega installs freely mixing German and English language mods.

Back it up before you do, though, just in case. And there is a current French language translation team at work on a translation, so if you find you like it, check in with them - they could probably use help, as there are a zillion lines in this mod :(

As far as I know, there should be no problem installing it onto a French language install - I have installed a Spanish translation onto an English install for testing and had no problems. I have also seen BGT Mega installs freely mixing German and English language mods.

Back it up before you do, though, just in case. And there is a current French language translation team at work on a translation, so if you find you like it, check in with them - they could probably use help, as there are a zillion lines in this mod :(

I wasn't aware of that! Do they have a site or a way to contact them?

Archived