An unofficial "Come back!" thread

Guest Makkenhoff

Just wanted to say, that I'd really enjoy being able to play Icewind Dale in the BG2 engine, though I never did get the expansion. I've been meaning to mention this since I first read about the project early September, but forum issues after I got back made that hard to do. Even if I can't enjoy the work, it is appricated!

Um... hi?

I still got this IWD NPC beta for this project(and between this and that, I actually finished a novel about my IWD NPC characters in an original setting, but that's not important), so - if there's a working beta for IWD-in-BG2 some time this year, that'd be great.

We can't have everyone gone to play Dragon Age, can we? Though, come to think of it... *Disappears to finish the Arl of Redcliffe quest.*

Um... hi?

I still got this IWD NPC beta for this project(and between this and that, I actually finished a novel about my IWD NPC characters in an original setting, but that's not important), so - if there's a working beta for IWD-in-BG2 some time this year, that'd be great.

We can't have everyone gone to play Dragon Age, can we? Though, come to think of it... *Disappears to finish the Arl of Redcliffe quest.*

I haven't forgotten it... but as of last May it had sufficiently worn me out - and sufficiently distracted me from keeping up with maintenance on SCS/SCS2 - that it needed to be put on one side. I'm hoping to come back to it this spring. (I'm quite shocked at just how complicated it's turned out to be - IWD and BG2 are on almost the same system, but oh, how many bugs spring up in the gaps between "almost" and "exactly"...)

Um... hi?

...We can't have everyone gone to play Dragon Age, can we? Though, come to think of it...

Nope, not everyone. (Though I've currently gone back in time -- to another "BG", Ultima 7 - The Black Gate using the Exult utility.)

I haven't forgotten it... but as of last May it had sufficiently worn me out - and sufficiently distracted me from keeping up with maintenance on SCS/SCS2 - that it needed to be put on one side. I'm hoping to come back to it this spring. (I'm quite shocked at just how complicated it's turned out to be - IWD and BG2 are on almost the same system, but oh, how many bugs spring up in the gaps between "almost" and "exactly"...)

(wipes sweat from brow) Thanks for the update :) . At least we know it ain't a dead mod yet. ( :D me for even thinking that!)

Guest Fennek

It would be great to play IWD in Bg2. Some weeks ago I installed IWD again, the story is still nice, but the AI etc. is so... poor. With Bg2 it would be a great game again.

It would be great to play IWD in Bg2. Some weeks ago I installed IWD again, the story is still nice, but the AI etc. is so... poor. With Bg2 it would be a great game again.

Thanks for the pat on the back. I'm sure DavidW can use all of them he can get!

Great music, great graphics, great story, but as one person put it, it's a dungeon crawl so has low role-play. We're trying to keep the original but with the ability to mod it into something better by bringing it into the BG2 engine.

Great music, great graphics, great story, but as one person put it, it's a dungeon crawl so has low role-play. We're trying to keep the original but with the ability to mod it into something better by bringing it into the BG2 engine.
Well, I am sure it would be easier to code the talks to the NPCs in a BG2 engine than it is in a IwD's engine, as the BG2's has a few features that were never put to the IwD's engine... just ask Kulyok, she'll know, as she has been invulved with the IwD NPC project... which is already coded to BG2's engine too, but as the IwD can't do certain things, they haven't been implemented to either, yet. See, that's why she made this thread.

But all the best to DavidW, and hopefully he'll recover enough soon, so he can work on this project more.

Guest Karl K.

Well, I for one really hope you get the time to finish this. I'm impressed with the work so far and I've been wanting to play a project like this since I first played BGtutu. If it makes any difference I'm already thinking about a mod idea for it when it's complete.

- Karl K.

Yes, I noticed that even the "critical" issues weren't anything that would make me not want to play IWD-in-BG2 over. I doubt I'd notice some of them. And as for the differences in the spells? It is what it is. No great tragedy. As long as the party can move from one area to the next and finish the game, it's all good.

Glad to see this getting some attention!

Archived