An unofficial "Come back!" thread

Looks good. Except for map crashing, I guess it's all more or less minor issues. I wonder if beta-testing would catch the map bug.

Excellent progress! I'd say it looks very promising - playable and all. :beer:

Re: the Whirlwind spell, Refinements adds a Whirlwind HLA to druids. Perhaps you can adapt it for IWD4BG2?

Having had a look: yes, almost certainly. That's a serious amount of work someone's put in to basically-replicate the effect.

I'm going to postpone doing so till a more advanced stage, though, as it's the kind of detail work I'm trying to avoid right now. (The basic guiding principle of IWD-in-BG2 is automated conversion, for all that dotting the i's and crossing the t's will need some manual stuff.)

What exactly was the problem with the white dragon animation? Which file(s) are you talking about? Pretty sure it works in BG2 via Infinity Animations, if I'm thinking of the right one.

I'm at work, so I can't check now, but my recollection is that the animation is too large for the BG2 maximum size. (IWD's is larger), so that the animation just isn't played by the BG2 engine. But animations aren't my strong point, so if there's a simple way to solve this, do let me know.

As far as I can tell, it's the last animation in this section. I haven't tested the animation (it's not used on any BGx creatures) but I'm quite certain Erephine did. But I also think she had to do something special to get it to work - there's some vague references in the developer notes. Anyway, the converted animation is here. Not sure if it needs the IA .exe patch to work.

As far as I can tell, it's the last animation in this section. I haven't tested the animation (it's not used on any BGx creatures) but I'm quite certain Erephine did. But I also think she had to do something special to get it to work - there's some vague references in the developer notes. Anyway, the converted animation is here. Not sure if it needs the IA .exe patch to work.

Converting the animation isn't a problem. I can create a set of BAM files that, opened in an editor, look just fine - they just don't play, which I'm reasonably certain is about their size. (Applying the selfsame conversion algorithm to any animation in IWD except Icasaracht works fine.)

I'm not saying that this can't be done. I'm saying (and this is the same for most things on my "I can't do this" list) that I've made a reasonably sustained effort to do it and I've failed. So it's probably the case that for any of those things to make it into IWD-in-BG2, someone else is either going to have to do it for me (as it appears Refinements may have done for the Whirlwind spell), or at least give me detailed, specific instructions as to how to do it.

I'll follow the link and have a quick look to see if I get an "aha" moment, though -thanks.

Archived