No interparty banter at all in BG2

Guest Vibalist

Guest Vibalist

So I've searched around, both here and on the web, to see if I could find a solution for this, but I haven't been able to so far.

The problem I have is that the banter between party members in BG2 doesn't seem to be triggering. I'm currently at Brynnlaw, with a party consisting of Viconia, Jaheira, Valygar, Nalia and Jan, and so far not one of them have spoken a single word to each other or my character. The only dialogue that seems to be triggering is Jaheira and Viconias romance dialogue.

As the readme for the fixpack doesn't say anything about this particular issue, I was wondering if it will correct it?

Thanks very much.

The problem I have is that the banter between party members in BG2 doesn't seem to be triggering.
Did you patch the game to either v(2.5.)26498 if you have the ToB or to v(2.5.)23037 if you have the plain old SoA? And if not, the Fixpack doesn't help there, as the problem might be related to...
Guest Vibalist

Alright, here's the thing. I haven't actually installed the fixpack yet, and the reason I'm here is to ask if it you guys know if it fixes this issue or not. Sorry if I didn't make that clear to begin with.

Alright, here's the thing. I haven't actually installed the fixpack yet, and the reason I'm here is to ask if it you guys know if it fixes this issue or not. Sorry if I didn't make that clear to begin with.

Normally you get the banters without a mod. BG2 Fixpack fixes some issues, but not restore them all. Therfore we asked you if you did a correct installation, because you should get the banters between your party members.

Perhaps something ran wrong during the installation of your BG games?

Greetings Leomar

Guest Vibalist

Hmm. If anything ran wrong I wouldn't know what. I own the 4-in-1 boxset with all four BG games on it, and used SoA and ToB discs to install the game. Nothing ran wrong during this process (at lleast nothing popped up or anything). After installation, I installed the latest SoA patch and then the latest ToB patch, and then started playing. I was then running without any mods at all. I do have some mods installed in BG1Tutu, though, such as the NPC mod (the one adding banter) and the alternate portrait mod.

That's all I can really tell ya.

Guest Vibalist

It's not really a problem for me to start over. Didn't like my character much anyway.

Also, do you know if the boxset comes fully patched, btw?

Archived