What .....Completly Shocked

Jordoo

Don't read if you haven't romanced Amber.....

The romance had been going very well and its obvious that the spark is there as well as the physical atraction, Amber was even comfortable with more and more PDA type of flirting but she is also obviously holding herself back. I was figuring that Amber had outlived an old flame and had to watch him grow old and die or had had some unwanted messed up stuff happen to her way back when in her long life that made her fear really letting go in her relationship with the PC.

Anyway Amber's revalation in the "Morning After Talk" completely shocked and floored me. It was honestly the last thing I expected seeing as she is what 5-10 times older than the PC, not to mention as sweet and fun loving as Amber can be she is also very self reliant and somewhat hardened by experiance and the realities of the world. It does make sense though in the way that the romance was developing but it was the last thing I expected. I felt kind of like I may have taken advantage of her especially when I had to chose the option indicating that I may not have performed as well as I possibly could (at least I was gentle, not exactly a boost to the male ego. but again I suppose it makes sense as the PC probably has some experiance but is still kind of young and could use some more practice) And then her response to that floored me again, in fact I was wondering were she could have possibly picked up this skill if its all new to her (not complaining of course).

Amber seems to have adjusted very well to that part of the relationship judging by the new flirts and even her responses to some of the old flirts, which is good. Anyway great writing which really added alot of insight into Amber for me and will of course make my PC even more attentive and compationate toward Amber in the future.

Was anyone else completely shocked by this?

She's full of surprises, isn't she. Who knows where she might have picked that idea up. She does have a rather colourful background after all; I'm sure she has mentioned parts of it to you character. :) Or... maybe it's her blood? Remember that it's a daughter of demons there in your character's arms. Was it an Erinyes or Succubi heritage whispering in her subconsciousness? Or maybe not. It could just that she had heard that it could be done and felt comfortable enough to experiment. The story doesn't detail how well it went...

May I just say... good math with her age. :rolleyes: Many have mistaken her to be much younger than that. There are more hints on the age subject in ToB.

She sure is full of surprises! I probably should talk to Amber about herself some more, haven't done that much since earlier in the romance. Does that part also expand as the flirting does?

LOL, succubi! That was a great reference to Durlags Tower that you had in the hair flirt. Its stuff like that that has me endlessly entertained, but you make a good point about veiwing Amber in reguards to her ancestry which I often forget to do (she can be so cute afterall) and it certainly makes her more fiesty and adventurous than your average girl. I'd bet its an issue for her (and thus the PC) going forward as she just brought it up in or last talk about dieties and none of them excepting her ........... not to mention when we had the "what do you look for in a woman talk" and I went with the obvious politically correct answer even in her jokingly responding she reveals that its very much on her mind.

Well my math wasn't that great but thanks. I was figuring the PC for around 20 so Amber at 100min and 200max but 140ish was what I'd been imagining.

Meira, Thanks again for the feed back and all the work on Amber also thanks to Darios who I just realized also wrote the mod. Excellent job!!

She sure is full of surprises! I probably should talk to Amber about herself some more, haven't done that much since earlier in the romance. Does that part also expand as the flirting does?

Yes. When she mentions something interesting (like Waterdeep) a new topic becomes available in the PID menu. Most of these topics are opened by talks with the PC, but some may become available after certain banter with another NPC or even after a flirt option is selected. At this point the topics itself don't expand after they are first introduced, but I consider doing that for ToB. She just might be willing to share more of herself by then.

Maybe it's the Aerie affect, falling in love with the first person who is kind to her, looks alright, as most people treat her bad, and she sees you as her most likely chance for happiness. Most people only want tieflings because: A) They can't do any better. :rolleyes: B)The novelty :D C)They can see past the demon/devil(rare) :)

Maybe it's the Aerie affect, falling in love with the first person who is kind to her, looks alright, as most people treat her bad, and she sees you as her most likely chance for happiness. Most people only want tieflings because: A) They can't do any better. :rolleyes: B)The novelty :D C)They can see past the demon/devil(rare) :D

Other than the fact that the PC may be the first "qualified" guy who also treats them well I wouldn't really consider the Aerie and Amber relationships to have much if anything in common.

I suppose in general your right about your A,B,C reasons although for some one like the PC reason C may be not only be seeing past the demon in Amber but also embracing that part of Amber especially since it hasn't made her evil. Also A is misleading as the average cat might think that, when actually they would be lucky to have her even though they would never get far enough with her to realize that. Certainly Amber has had her share of persuers for reason B but her exoticness is just an added bonus for my PC! :)

If your playing a good PC the Amber romance makes alot of sense to me. She's part demon but she's "good" which would be impossible for the PC not to notice if he is paying any attention to her. This is an important impass or building block to the relationship for both Amber and the PC who's blood is tainted by Bhaal. Neither character wants to be defined by the evil taint that is inherant to there make up yet neither character can fully escape the effects on their lives. For Amber everyone knows just by looking at her and so she is effected every day in almost every interaction with the general public she can never forget about it. For the PC its the inevitability that he will be sucked into power struggles where ever he goes, sure the average person may not know by looking at him and he can escape and relax for short periods of time, but he knows that since he left Candlekeep the powers of the world revolve around him and will never simply leave him alone. Being good by nature means that they both must beleive on some level that they can escape there ancestry or at least overcome it and who could make them beleive that more than each other. I thought the love talk about Amber and the PC using their powers was pretty telling that Amber greatly fears being taken over by the demonic part of her nature and who could be better to discuss that with than the PC.

I have not gotten super far in the Romance yet, but I would expect that Amber must at some point directly discuss her fears and actually alow herself to be vulnerable emotionally with the PC, I guess we'll see. It sdefinitally going to be interesting to hear Ambers reaction to the PC going slayer on Bodi.

Other than the fact that the PC may be the first "qualified" guy who also treats them well I wouldn't really consider the Aerie and Amber relationships to have much if anything in common.

I suppose in general your right about your A,B,C reasons although for some one like the PC reason C may be not only be seeing past the demon in Amber but also embracing that part of Amber especially since it hasn't made her evil. Also A is misleading as the average cat might think that, when actually they would be lucky to have her even though they would never get far enough with her to realize that. Certainly Amber has had her share of persuers for reason B but her exoticness is just an added bonus for my PC! :rolleyes:

If your playing a good PC the Amber romance makes alot of sense to me. She's part demon but she's "good" which would be impossible for the PC not to notice if he is paying any attention to her. This is an important impass or building block to the relationship for both Amber and the PC who's blood is tainted by Bhaal. Neither character wants to be defined by the evil taint that is inherant to there make up yet neither character can fully escape the effects on their lives. For Amber everyone knows just by looking at her and so she is effected every day in almost every interaction with the general public she can never forget about it. For the PC its the inevitability that he will be sucked into power struggles where ever he goes, sure the average person may not know by looking at him and he can escape and relax for short periods of time, but he knows that since he left Candlekeep the powers of the world revolve around him and will never simply leave him alone. Being good by nature means that they both must beleive on some level that they can escape there ancestry or at least overcome it and who could make them beleive that more than each other. I thought the love talk about Amber and the PC using their powers was pretty telling that Amber greatly fears being taken over by the demonic part of her nature and who could be better to discuss that with than the PC.

I have not gotten super far in the Romance yet, but I would expect that Amber must at some point directly discuss her fears and actually alow herself to be vulnerable emotionally with the PC, I guess we'll see. It sdefinitally going to be interesting to hear Ambers reaction to the PC going slayer on Bodi.

1.Thats pretty much all the the romances have in common. Aerie was bearable in ToB, but a good cleric/mage is worth the whining of SoA. Amber had as much diolog as, um, well a lot, Aerie, had very little.

2.No comments

3.Agree

4.Well the romance was very good, although I would expect her to act a little more afraid of me becoming the slayer and almost killing her than she did, when you get that conversation, where you become the slayer after resting, hit dialog 3 :D:D:)

Archived