Various ToB hacks

Two new components:

The first tries to fix the repeating effects and the other corrects the asounds.2da bug, where only the first and the last sound will play. (animation sounds)

Hi. Thanks for all your hacks, they're really awesome.

From this topic, I get that there were issues with opcode 232 cast spell on condition as well.

Does your fix resolve those problems as well? I mean, can I use safely a spell with opcode 232 in a tweak of mine?

Sorry for asking that Taimon, but does your mod allows to change/remove racial limitations of classes? I've seen note about that in one mod that Ascension64's TobEx allows for that (and I was shocked) but as few other people I don't like an idea of front-end. So is there such a component or possibility of creating one?

So is there such a component or possibility of creating one?

No, I don't think so.

I'm not sure if there will be future releases of ToB Hacks and if so, it will probably only be bug fixes. (for the IE or for the mod itself)

Can you explain why you don't want to use ToBEx? Is it the MS Detours Lib or what? ;)

Can you explain why you don't want to use ToBEx? Is it the MS Detours Lib or what? ;)

I'd guess it's because it's cumbersome to run tobexloader.exe when you have links pointing to bgmain.exe (or if you're a new user who still uses baldur.exe to start the game).

Can you explain why you don't want to use ToBEx? Is it the MS Detours Lib or what?

I just don't like front-end idea, I prefer things to be installed and stay at their place. When you've got hacks compiled in package, you can just install those and be calm about everything else. Well, maybe it's just me being an idiot.

(or if you're a new user who still uses baldur.exe to start the game).

And what's the problem with that? Is it about splash screen?

(or if you're a new user who still uses baldur.exe to start the game).
And what's the problem with that? Is it about splash screen?
Well, not, it's about the Windows(OS, and it's registry), if you update the Windows for example, the BGMain.exe will still works, but the baldur.exe doesn't... as the game is not 'actually installed' any more. ;)

And you can install the games twice, but their additions cannot be...(the TotSC & BGII - ToB). So the only way is to go around that by copying the whole game folder, use the BGMain.exe etc. read more on that on the answer #8.

Several people at Kerzenburg forum said that they encountered a problem / bug with the spellbook-component. One cannot scroll through level 9 spells (mages) and level 7 spells (clerics). This problem also existed in ToBEx, but seemed to have been fixed (just in case it's the same problem...).

Sorry, but i can't understand where IS the AoE flag and backstab flag on item ability.

IESDP says there is depletion behaviour value in item extended header 0x24~0x25... so should i use these...?

then wand of magic missile bypasses mirror image?

Sorry, but i can't understand where IS the AoE flag and backstab flag on item ability.

IESDP says there is depletion behaviour value in item extended header 0x24~0x25... so should i use these...?

then wand of magic missile bypasses mirror image?

It is in the effect structure (not in the header), in the same dword that controls what save type is used. 0x24 here.

It is header, not the effect.

COPY_EXISTING someitem.itm override

GET_OFFSET_ARRAY abil ITM_V10_HEADERS
 PHP_EACH abil AS i => r BEGIN
   WRITE_BYTE r+0x29 (THIS | 1) // set bypass mirror images flag
   WRITE_BYTE r+0x29 (THIS | 2) // set backstab flag
 END
BUT_ONLY

It is header, not the effect.

From what I can make of the comment in ToB_hacks, its component apparently differs from ToBEx in that the former has a flag on both the effect and the ability, whereas the latter only has a flag on the effect.

Archived