Amber Vampire problem

Jordoo

Amber doesn't react at all to being a vampire its like it never happened and I cannot get the Ogmah monks to talk about the books to send me to the dealer. I can bring her back but she has acts completely normal and doesn't say anything about being a vampire. Is this a bug?

OK I replayed the vampire thing twice from different saves and the same thing happened. The Ogmah priests would not initiat a dialog option about the books. And if I went to the statue and revived Amber she acted like nothing happened. So I tried going right to the book guy in Imnesvale and luckily that worked! Of course now I've got a new set of problems to deal with although I'm pretty sure it suppossed to be that way.

This is what is supposed to happen

spoilers-spoilers-big spoilers-Ambers leaves party, Amber attempts to resist Bohdi's grasp and fails, fight, get every vampire item, go to Amunatur's temple, bring back Amber, cry, cry, I need time alone, cry, ok, I've moved on. spoiler end, spoiler end, end

Thanks Arker but ....

I know thats what was suppossed to happen, but I wasn't getting the "cry cry cry" as you say and even with Ambers body Bodi's Heart and the three vampire books I could not get the Ogmah monks to talk about th books like they usually do when Bodi steals one of your bioware girls. Then even when i saved Amber she didn't even know she had been a vampire ...... but I got it to work anyway.

Thanks Arker but ....

I know thats what was suppossed to happen, but I wasn't getting the "cry cry cry" as you say and even with Ambers body Bodi's Heart and the three vampire books I could not get the Ogmah monks to talk about th books like they usually do when Bodi steals one of your bioware girls. Then even when i saved Amber she didn't even know she had been a vampire ...... but I got it to work anyway.

Who-a!

Lets roll back here a bit okay? What exactly happened?

She did get abducted, by Bodhi right? Just like any other girl?

Then there were dialogue at Bodhi's lair and then she attacked your party as any vampire biogirl?

You got her body?

The monks should say something. But more importantly, when you rescued her at Amaunator's temple, she didn't say anything at all? Did she just stand there ("has nothing to say") or did you get the normal kicked out of party dialog?

I don't remember, did you have any other mods?

Meira,

I'm running TOB full install official patch and Amber, nothing else. Yes Amber was abducted, just like any bioware girl, had the dialog, she attacked and we had to kill her. Everything as it always is. I grabbed the body, heart and books and headed for the Ogmah monks but they wouldn't talk about the books. So then I just went to the temple of Amauator and cured Amber, but she gave me the normal kicked out of party options and said nothing about being a vampire.

I figured that couldn't be right so I replayed the whole thing twice and it was the same each time except I found out that if I went to the book dealing in the Imnesvale inn he would talk about the books and after that when I cured Amber I got the correct dialog and then I had to put off my quest for my divine soul and hang out at my "Ranger Protector Cabin" until she recovered since she was so shaken by the experiance. Of course was so nice to her that she decided to let me upgrade her sword for her! :rolleyes:

Meira,

I'm running TOB full install official patch and Amber, nothing else. Yes Amber was abducted, just like any bioware girl, had the dialog, she attacked and we had to kill her. Everything as it always is. I grabbed the body, heart and books and headed for the Ogmah monks but they wouldn't talk about the books. So then I just went to the temple of Amauator and cured Amber, but she gave me the normal kicked out of party options and said nothing about being a vampire.

I figured that couldn't be right so I replayed the whole thing twice and it was the same each time except I found out that if I went to the book dealing in the Imnesvale inn he would talk about the books and after that when I cured Amber I got the correct dialog and then I had to put off my quest for my divine soul and hang out at my "Ranger Protector Cabin" until she recovered since she was so shaken by the experiance. Of course was so nice to her that she decided to let me upgrade her sword for her! :rolleyes:

That's really strange. That's almost exactly the setup I tested Amber when I created her. (I had Baldurdash fix and later fixpack, too but that shouldn't affect it.) And she's been working like a dream for me. I'm sorry you had to run into a problem on the end of what seemed to be an excellent run. :/

Do you remember what was the last lovetalk that she initiated before Bodhi took her? It wouldn't hurt if you could send me a savegame to <amber@welho.net>. I probably don't have time to look at it today, I afraid, but I could help me to figure out if there's something I've overlooked: a certain gap in the talks or something.

First please don't be sorry at all about one small problem that worked its way out anyway! And it has been an excellent run because of your MOD!

Last love talk was the one where she winds up ending the conversation saying "I love you Leftlor, you do know that .. don't you?" or something along those lines. For some reason Leftlor just stands there and says NOTHING! Imoen must be right he is a Jack*ss, LOL :rolleyes: . Actually I do remember a strange occurance either just before or after that love talk were I would click on Amber to flirt with her and she would flirt with me instead before I got any dialog options. I don't remember that happeneing at all the rest of the game of course it could be normal. I haven't gotten anymore lovetalks since then just flirts and the vampire talk but I was thinking that could have been the last lovetalk.

I'll try to get you a copy of a saved game when I get home, but I think I might have saved over most of them after finally getting Amber to react to being a vampire so it may not help.

I'll try to get you a copy of a saved game when I get home, but I think I might have saved over most of them after finally getting Amber to react to being a vampire so it may not help.

As long as you got onward, it's all right. When I have time I'll look through my code to see if there's something I can improve.

Sorry Meira, the only save I have left before the Vampire issue is standing outside of Spellholds Door. I saved over the other ones after getting Amber to respond correctly. If I ever run into an issue again I'll remember to keep a saved game for you to look at.

Archived