Would this work without BGTutu?

Guest Paktu

It will not work without TUTU. File names for dialogue files, our sancrosanct are different in TUTU. Please, please, do not try it at home...

No, there is no non-TUTU version. Ther eis a remote possibility of someone doing a compat patch with Trilogy, but it is at best very difficult and at worst impossible to put it on vanilla BG1, since the dialogue coding was expanded and rewiped for BG2... so we needed BG2 IE version to code the dialogues... hence TUTU

It will not work without TUTU. File names for dialogue files, our sancrosanct are different in TUTU. Please, please, do not try it at home...

No, there is no non-TUTU version. Ther eis a remote possibility of someone doing a compat patch with Trilogy, but it is at best very difficult and at worst impossible to put it on vanilla BG1, since the dialogue coding was expanded and rewiped for BG2... so we needed BG2 IE version to code the dialogues... hence TUTU

I've got a BGT compatible version about 95% debugged at the moment. (I've been slacking on it lately though and my debuggers are relentless.) When it's done, I'd be more than happy to send ya' the code Domi.

I've been prodded over at FW about this project. I just recently fixed a whack-o-bugs (Sir BillyBob is a bastard when it comes to bughunting!) and it looks all ready to go. The only drawback, is that it's set up as a separate installation. (I really just hacked away at the original .tp2.) It needs to either be set up as a separate download (Yuck) or integrated with the regular version. (A good, but messy prospect.) The other drawback, (I said "only" as in there was only one, but I lied so as not overtly dampen anyone's enthusiasim.) is that the Coran Romance is untouched/unconverted. I didn't tackle this component as there's already a Coran Romance for BG2 as part of the whole BP-BGT package curtosey of TS. I didn't have the fortitude or motivation to integrate the two. So I apologize if this leaves anyone tragically disappointed. I'll clean up what I have and send it off to... someone in the next few days. (Whomever on the team wants this puppy, please PM me with an email address or ftp upload slot.)

hlid.

Hi Hlid.

Thank you for all your work. Our romance is for BG1 portion of the game, so it should not conflict with the BG2 romance technically. I'd prefer that it was integrated if possible, since it is an important part of this project, and well... because I have worked very hard on it.

Hi Hlid.

Thank you for all your work. Our romance is for BG1 portion of the game, so it should not conflict with the BG2 romance technically. I'd prefer that it was integrated if possible, since it is an important part of this project, and well... because I have worked very hard on it.

Well, it's not that easy. Remember that in BP-BGT it's a complete carryover of all characters from beginning to end. That resulted in a LOT of dialogs having merged content. I can't promise to tackle it, but I will at least take a good long look and see what's involved. 'kay?

Dumb Questions:

BG1NPC is still a work in progress, with Phase II's release...er, soon? Are the new changes being added (quests, dialogues, et al) going to require a major overhaul from a compatibility standpoint, or were the real issues just things like area names?

Also, does this mean that the TuTu-compatible BG1 mods from CoM (Comforge, Vault, BG1Adventure) will now be BGT-compatible?

Hlid, thank you for handling Coran's stuff :D ! You're great.

Yes, BG1NPc is a work in progress, and we were aiming for Phase II release in October, but it might be delayed, since we did a LOT more on the interjections side than planned initially (which is a good thing);

I think Hlid is better qualified to answer about the compat to have Phase II transfered in BGT format, but I think it is mainly dlg names that are different in two versions; quests can be trickier.

BG1 mods from CoM are not affiliated with BG1NPC and are not included into BG1NPC package.

Hope that helps!

You're welcome Domi. :D

The compat issus involved death variables, script names, area names, dialog names, and a few instances of chapter triggers, etc... (As BGT continues into BG2.) Phase two will be a little easier to convert, as most of the work is already done as well as conflicting files known. It's a little late to ask the team to keep a list of changed files from one phase to the next, so it'll be a manual hunt and seek. *shrugs* We'll see how it goes.

As for the CoM projects, I "might" already have made such versions for my own use, but haven't spoken to the gang over there about releases. :D

Sorry to butt-in here.

Hlid - you wouldn't mind tlaking to the CoM people would you... I 'm sure they wouldn't mind a Tutu version of their mods... and well... I'm pretty sure it would be appreciated by folks other than myself as well. Even if the mods leave some things to be desired - like game balance (occasionally).

Edited - composition errors.

Archived