[Repaired v19] Imoen and your dreams

Jaesun

Having played with this mod before, I know after you have your first "dream" in Nashkell, Imoen is supposed to start up a dialogue about them... I have a save right before I have my dream, we rest, I have the dream, but she doesn't say a single thing after sleeping? I have re-loaded this a few times, but still no dialogue from her.

Just wondering if this is a bug... or I just have something installed wrong (I can post my WeiDU log).

I am using the BGT mod, and using the original 6 cd set, if that helps any.

Could it be, for some reason, that you aren't in chapter 2 (the second chapter after the Candlekeep prolog, whatever number that is in BGT, I think 3)? Other than that, all triggers are standard: the dream variable of the game, the InParty and "Able to talk" checks for Imoen and the PC, no fight, no enemy nearby. :)

What are the variables "dream" and "X#ImoenDreamResponse2" in your game after the dream?

If nothing helps, you can trigger the dialogue directly by setting Global("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",1).

I would recommend you check the variables first, though, and post them here, to help spot a potential issue.

/* Dream talks */
///* Dream 1 */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("DREAM","GLOBAL",2)
Global("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_2%)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("imoen99")
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

I know after you have your first "dream" in Nashkell, Imoen is supposed to start up a dialogue about them... I have a save right before I have my dream, we rest, I have the dream, but she doesn't say a single thing after sleeping? I have re-loaded this a few times, but still no dialogue from her.

Hi all, I am still new to this so please bear with me. I didn't mean to dig up an ancient topic, but this is the only relavent post I found after hours of searching. I am just wondering is this an incompatibility issue with BGT v1.10, as I too have encountered this problem with NPC project v18. I know I could just use the console command, however I am curious to know the root of this anomaly. Any explanation is much appriciated.

Below is my WeiDu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v9.01 BWP Fix

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tougher Sendai (ToB Required): 13

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.10 (28 August 10)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v18 BWP Fix

~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: v12

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: v12

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: v12 BWP Viconia BGT Fix

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: v12 BWP Viconia BGT Fix

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: 3.2 BWP Fix

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: 3.2 BWP Fix

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: 3.2 BWP Fix

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: 3.2 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v19 BWP Fix

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v19 BWP Fix

~RES_FIXER/SETUP-RES_FIXER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Resource Fixer: v1

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 180: v180a BWP Fix

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP: v180a BWP Fix

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #16 // Improved Abazigail: v180a BWP Fix

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #17 // Improved Demogorgon: v180a BWP Fix

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #19 // Improved Illasera: v180a BWP Fix

~SETUP-BPV180.TP2~ #0 #20 // Improved Yaga-Shura: v180a BWP Fix

~SETUP-TURNABOUT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: Turnabout

~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Longer Road v 1.5: v1.5.1 BWP Fix

~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2 BWP Fix

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v9

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #400 // Add Semaj's Cloak and Upgraded Koveras' Ring of Protection: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Bags of the Sword Coast: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1104 // Altered spawns -> Deactivate BGT-WeiDU spawns: spawns appear once: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1502 // Altered item shattering -> Make armor and shields shatter: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1900 // Restore BG2 XP bonus for traps, locks, and scrolls: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2002 // Protagonist's biography modifications -> Set BG2 biography upon Shadows of Amn transition: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Exotic Weapons For Taerom: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Enemy items shatter: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2700 // Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory: 9 (31 Dec 09)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1130 // Reputation Resets in BG2 (BGT Only): v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v9 BWP Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v9 BWP Fix

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v8.01

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v8.01

~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate Aerie Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #6 // Alternate Imoen Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate Jaheira Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate Mazzy Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #13 // Alternate Nalia Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #16 // Alternate Viconia Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v2.31

Funniest thing, when I type in "GetGlobal("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL")" into the console it said that Global("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL")"Does not exist". As for Global("DREAM","GLOBAL"), the console informed me that it is set to -1. Sorry, as I mentioned I am still new to this all these mods, I'll be grateful if you could explain what this means.

The dreamscript timer is resetting the variable before the talk fires. Rare, but possible. Is it reproducible across reloads? I don't mean that you rest again after the dream was supposed to happen, I mean, do you reload before you have the dream, play through until after the dream, and then give the dialogue a chance to happen? More than once?

There's a fix that involves setting the variable with the console, but I want to hear that you have tried reloading an earlier save first, since the fix is clunky.

Hi berelinde, yes it is very much reproducible across reloads. I loaded a few different earlier saves before the dream sequence, and each time I rested, got the dream sequence and waited for 5 minutes, then rested again, and waited for another 5-minute. Unfortunately, still no talk from Imoen about the dream. The only time Imoen seems to talk about the dream is when I manually set the "Global("DREAM","GLOBAL")" to 2. Funny thing, when I did that it also triggered Xzar's dream-related talk.

Hello again, so the problem is still there even if I started a new game with a new character. Other than that this is by far one of the best mods I have tried out. Thanks so much. I just want to double check that, does the hot fix involve setting "Global("DREAM","GLOBAL")" to 2 or is there anything else? Thanks again for this great mod and any help you could provide.

I ran into this problem as well using BGT. I wonder if the problem lies in BGT chapter globals. This is the first time i used BGT (and i don't remember how the chapters were numbered in tutu) so i don't know if this is how it's suppose to work but in my game, chapter 1 is candlekeep and chapter 2 is after, chapter 3 nashkel and so on. Is the talk not triggering because it's "chapter 3" and not "chapter 2"?

I will take a look and report back.

The chapter should be auto-correcting on BGT, as we set it up on a variable that should install as 2 on Tutu and 3 on BGT. The easiest way to check this is correct in your BGT game is to look at Imoen's .bcs script with NearInfinity and make sure it is correct.

The key here is the finding that the trigger starting with X# is not setting. That means that for some reason, on some BGT installs, the DREAM variable is set to 1 by the dream, then set back to 0 before the bg1npc script block fires.

dammit - I have been so long in BG2-land that I can't remember what truly sets and unsets "DREAM". NI, DLTCEP, and Notepad++ searches for the var have no luck - BG/Tutu dreams must be set up somehow by chapter reference. I'll do some more research and refresh my memory.

From observation, I suspect Berelinde is right - something de-increments "DREAM", and each dream must set the vars to choose abilities based on reputation individually rather than use IncrementGlobal(). Something must be a little different on some modded versions BGT.

things to check -

• is the DV in Imoen's .bcs "Imoen" or "Imoen2" ?
  • is BGT using identical "DREAM" settings (it should be - it has been tested and working in the field for years and years both BGT and BG1NPC and both together, etc.)
  • Is there anything evaluating "always true" in the blocks above this one?
  • Is another mod accidentally advancing the "DREAM" var or resetting it?
    This last one is the most obvious "whoa, something is wrong" report. DREAM (a vanilla original var we do not change, just read in) being set to -1 points to that being a major hiccup. It looks like something is de-incrementing it by 2, with the logic of

a. expected behavior : dream = 2, closed by IncrementGlobal("DREAM","GLOBAL",-2) ; ( 2 - 2 ) = 0
    b. problem : but it is triggering before the var gets set to 2, with
    Global("DREAM","GLOBAL",1) <> IncrementGlobal("DREAM","GLOBAL",-2) : (1 - 2) = -1

This last could be a misplaced timer in BGT, could be a mod-added component; it mifght even be an accidental result of script cleanup using BWP (and those folks are awesome at finding this stuff out and solving it, too, so we might enlist their aid). I am just not sure enough about what sets what right now on BGT to advise properly.

The good news is manually triggering this does not involve changing DREAM (I would not do this at all, but would definitely report it to BWP folks, because if someone in another mod or in their regular game starts adding and subtracting from -1 instead of 0, all sorts of problems will come up assigning PC's special powers. That's why we just read the variable, and don't manipulate it - the game needs it!).

While folks pke around trying to figure out what has gone wrong, you can directly trigger the talk by setting

SetGlobal("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",1)

in CLUAConsole. The talk will fire and close out (as long as PC and Imoen are in the party, in the same area, and not silenced or whatever else blocks CD_STATE_NOTVALID) and you can go on your way.

Interesting problem. It probably is going to require a BGT expert.

is DREAM the variable that's used for the dream sequences?

I triggered imoen's talk with the by setting DREAM to 2. I finished Nashkel and got the next dream sequence and so far everything seems fine (there's no talk for this dream right? can't remember). In Shadowkeeper, there's a BG1DREAM global var which i would think is what BGT is using.

Archived