Amber TOB Requests

Jordoo

Just a few things that I would like to see in ToB!

charname initiated conversations:(not sure how you'd accomplish this, maby they appear under "ask Amber about herself" and then dissappear once you select them.)

1. PC lightheartedly asking Amber about her and Imoen's flirtatious relationship. Something like: "So Amber, I've noticed that you and Imoen seem to get along really well together ...... whats up with that?"

2. PC snoops around Amber and Jill's relationship. Something like: " You've told me alot about Jill, but I was wondering what you're relationship with her was like?"

3. Charname trying to get a better handle on Amber's age and what she was doing before he met her. Something like: " How long were you on your own before I met you, and what were you doing?" .... Basically just looking to fill in the gaps since all we know is Waterdeep- Luskan- travel w/Jill & Tristan- Travel (by herself?)- Circus - :hm:- Travel w/Charname.

I thought it might be nice to give Amber a book that had a map of the stars and stories about different star's and or constalations. She likes to read and loves the night skies after all. Just an I was thinking about you type of gift. I guess it could be purchased from a merchant and then the program could ckeck for it in Amber's inventory so some sort of gift dialog would be initiated once you put it in her pack. Not sure if that how it works.

Meira feel free to ignore or use this stuff as you see fit, thanks.

Thats all I got right now but I'll add as I think of more.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Let see...

Jordoo, let me make a few predictions of Amber's responses:1.She either messes with your head a little, or slaps you

2. If you are thinking of it as a continued thought from 1, you will most likely have earned another slap.

3. You would have to get the book at the scroll seller(forgot his name).

As well as the above, I would like:

-Another quest. That kidnapping quest was really nice in SoA.

-Something special-special in the romance. Aerie had kids, Vicci had an alignment shift, no one cares about Jahieria, never played any mods in ToB, so I can't give another example.

-Some more of Amber's backround. You've hinted that she's part succubus, but left so much unknown.

-Improved "eye" spells. Power-Word Stun, Maze, Power-Word Kill. Given these are very high level spells. For balencing, simgle castings at high levels is the way to go.

Arker,

I think the Imoen and Amber flirting is mainly just the playfull side of thier personalities. Is Charname suppossed to be oblivious to whats going on? Why should Amber be upset if he asks that? I do tend to think she would mess with the PC a bit if he asked that, like you suggest, whish would make it fun and that was the general purpose of the question.

Why shouldn't Charname want to know about the important people in Amber's life and what they meant to her. I think this is completely reasonable, I specifically remember Amber asking Charname about his childhood with Gorian. Amber actually told Charname more about her relationship with Jill's brother than her relationship with Jill. She told him alot about Jill but nothing specific about her relationsip with Jill as in they were great friends, or they were like sisters, or they were lovers, or Jill was like a mother figure to her ...... she really didn't give up much information on her relationship with the single most important person in her life before meating Charname. Would he not wonder many things, would he not ask?

If your read the TOB news thread there will deffinitally be more quests.

Definitally have to agree that there needs to be something special in the romance.

Not sure Amber knows specifically what her demon background is, she did seem to think it was more of a demon taint in her family background rather than from actual relations with a demon because she has no horns, tail ect. But it would be cool if somehow Charname and Amber were able to find out something about it.

Definitally need a new ability also some Amber specific items or just new items added that would fit her build would be nice.

Just had another thought. It would be cool to have another unavoidable lovers spat like in SOA but even more intense. The SOA one was like that first fight you get into in a newish relationship where the girl is really into you and its kind of a test to see if you'll run off when she shows you some of her "crazy"! I thought Amber was almost too well behaved during the quarell especially considering her demonic heritage and being redhead to boot. My wife and one of my daughters are redheads (love them to death, but they are seriously firery both good and bad) so I felt Amber was way to incontrol of herself during that part. If Charname is going to chose a life with Amber over ascending to God hood he probably should get a good idea of just how fiery she can be when she's madd, that could be alot of fun to see. Seems he already got to experiance plenty of the good side of Amber's firey nature.

Good to know that somebody enjoyed the little fight in SoA. :) Often people are really upset, even though it's such a common feature in a romance, both in mod and original game ones. But maybe those players have not yet realised that even in real life, women are - as species - kind of mad. :(

I really like the starmap idea! ;) I consider the asking about Imoen (and Jill). After all, I do know why Amber behaves like she does with her. It's only fair that the PC could ask, since in certain conditions you can ask Amber about Haer'Dalis and Sasha too.

It will take much more to make her upset in ToB than in SoA, the relationship with the PC (friendship/romance) has grown more steadfast. But she will be upset, with the PC due compulsory game events and with herself (especially) due Master Wraith. Sometimes I feel that she's upset during most of the expansion, but there's some light too. It's such a short game with high steaks, though. :hm:

There will be a small quest in ToB, more like an encounter really, but no new areas I'm afraid. I'd really like to add a new area where you could encounter a wayward circus caravan on the desert (available with or without Amber in party), but we don't exactly have the skills to make a brand new outside area graphic. All the areas in SoA part of the mod were pieced together from old graphics. But that is really much easier for indoor maps.

I hope that the small quest in ToB will both bring little light and raise questions for the PC to ask about Amber's past.

I'll copy the additional content suggestions that apply for ToB from the SoA beta forum here:

A talk when Amber gains a special innate ability for first time. These are done for the Contagious Eye and Undoing Eye, I might have to add these in the SoA too, most players will reach the levels to get at least the Contagious Eye before ToB begins.

More monsters whose killing you can compliment Amber. I haven't added any of the ToB bosses yet, but I will. Suggestios are wellcome so that I dont miss any! Baltazar, Illasera, Gromnir, Abazigal, Sendai and the Lich in Amekhtan come to mind.

Option to say "I love you, Amber". This option will be available in the flirt menu after cartain event's in the game, provided that the PC still feels like saying it.

More banters between Amber and Imoen if Amber is romancing Charname.

Meira, how can you say woman are mad? :hm: I honestly don't know what love is like wihout the occational fighting! :(

As far as finding out about Amber/Jill I just feel like its something that the PC would certainly address at some point. Although most guys don't worry about a girls past that much until things get serious, its inevitable that we're going to get currious as things progress. I'm not asking you to strip Amber of her mysteries, I'd just like enough to give Charname a better idea of what and who he's dealing with, please :) ! As far as Amber/Imoen nobody with at least 12int is not going to notice, wonder and ask.

HaerDilas? really? Is that if he is still in the party? I dumped him after he had two banters with Amber because she seemed annoyed and Haer's always trying to steal some one's girl, LOL. Hmmmm ........ now you've really got me wondering what would have happened had I kept him around, do you think its worth finding out?

Sasha, I just figured Amber felt really badly that she wasn't around when he fell because of getting a new partner. I know you left it kind of hanging in the dialog but I never really persued anymore information about him with Amber. Hmmm could be interesting.

How do you talk to Amber about her gaining an ability? "Amber, I want to say something to you?" option? Undoing eye sound cool!

How do you compliment Amber on killing something?

Not really 100% related, but are you going to work on some Crossmod Banter pack stuff once ToB is up and going? Hubblepot is just too awesome to do a run-through without, and I frequently rely on Kelsey to blow shit up, Amber is by far one of the most realistic romance paths out there, and I generally have more quest mods than Jews have commandments.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if there's any more Amber content we can wring out of you, we will. Even if we have to resort to banters with Goo.

So can you compliment Amber on killing monsters in SOA, or is that just going to be added as TOB content?

Yes, you can do it in SoA. If she deals a killing blow to a powerful monster (like a dragon, lich or a certain "boss" monsters) you can compliment her via a click-talk. There's a timer for it so, you must do it soon(ish) after the battle.

HaerDilas? really? Is that if he is still in the party? I dumped him after he had two banters with Amber because she seemed annoyed and Haer's always trying to steal some one's girl, LOL. Hmmmm ........ now you've really got me wondering what would have happened had I kept him around, do you think its worth finding out?

Yes, firstly because it's 'safe' and secondly because I'm quite happy about how the banters with Haer turned out.

Sasha, I just figured Amber felt really badly that she wasn't around when he fell because of getting a new partner. I know you left it kind of hanging in the dialog but I never really persued anymore information about him with Amber. Hmmm could be interesting.

It's a pretty hard to get that click-talk option, but it's entirely possible for an intelligent and compassionate PC.

How do you talk to Amber about her gaining an ability? "Amber, I want to say something to you?" option? Undoing eye sound cool!

This will be included in ToB, although I think should add it in SoA too because most players will get the Contagious Eye in SoA. If my plan works out - I think it should - Amber will react when the new special ability is used (successfully) for the first time and then PC will be able to ask what's going on.

Not really 100% related, but are you going to work on some Crossmod Banter pack stuff once ToB is up and going? Hubblepot is just too awesome to do a run-through without, and I frequently rely on Kelsey to blow shit up, Amber is by far one of the most realistic romance paths out there, and I generally have more quest mods than Jews have commandments.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if there's any more Amber content we can wring out of you, we will. Even if we have to resort to banters with Goo.

Amber already has crossmod content with Kelsey (just one banter, though) and number of other NPCs. I hope to get more arranged, but ToB is now my main priority with Amber. I'd mostly like to do Angelo, Fade and Solaufein, but everyone is welcome of course.

Yes, you can do it in SoA. If she deals a killing blow to a powerful monster (like a dragon, lich or a certain "boss" monsters) you can compliment her via a click-talk. There's a timer for it so, you must do it soon(ish) after the battle.

Good to know, thanks.

Yes, firstly because it's 'safe' and secondly because I'm quite happy about how the banters with Haer turned out.

I'm almost done with my currant game, after that I've been planning on another run with Amber so I'll bring Haery and probably Viconia as well.

It's a pretty hard to get that click-talk option, but it's entirely possible for an intelligent and compassionate PC.

Intelligent and compassionate, good thing its just the PC who has to qualify ... :grin: I thought I had an option to ask specifically about Sasha in SOA, never clicked it though.

This will be included in ToB, although I think should add it in SoA too because most players will get the Contagious Eye in SoA. If my plan works out - I think it should - Amber will react when the new special ability is used (successfully) for the first time and then PC will be able to ask what's going on.

Sweet, that sounds like it should be fun.

Edit: How do you quote in boxes like that one after the other?

Edit #2: You need to remember to close the quote by doing (/quote) but with square brackets instead of round ones :) - Grim

Edit #3: Grim, Thanks for the tip and cleaning up my mess!

Archived