Need Help Reinstalling NPC Proj.

Guest Randall Good

Guest Randall Good

When I installed the BG1 NPC mod, I chose to keep the time lengths between NPC banters at one hour but I'd like to change that now to one of the more frequent options. What would be the best or most convenient way to do this? Will I need to reinstall the whole mod? If so, how do I uninstall it (which is recommended, I think)? Sorry if there is an easy answer to these questions. I've been searching the site and have been unable to find an answer. Thanks.

If you navigate to your Baldur's Gate Tutu or BGT directory (usually Program Files/baldursgateEasytutu or Program Files/Baldur's Gate II - SoA, respectively) you will find an application called ""Setup-bg1npc.exe". This is the command prompt type window you saw when you ran the installer, except it doesn't need to unpack everything.

When you run this, you are presented with the options of Reinstalling, Uninstalling, or No Change (or Quit), if you want to keep selecting No Change until you get to the part where you can choose which times you want between banters/talks, where you select Uninstall. This is because, if I recall correctly, WeiDU (the installer program) doesn't allow multiple choices when you select Reinstall. (I may be wrong, if you want to wait for clarification.)

When you have successfully uninstalled all of these components, the window will close. Run "Setup-bg1npc.exe" again, and you can choose and reinstall those components again, using No Change again. :hm:

I hope you understand and this all works out for you. :)

Icen

Archived