PST effect #128

Kung Fu Man

Been experimenting a little with this effect because I found it odd Rigid Thinking would be mentioned when it isn't in the game, and it seems that the only actual effect is confusion. Fear is handled by another effect entirely (#24) it seems if SPWI213 is any indication.

Oddly enough, it's correct in IESDP, but not in NI or DLTCEP, so this thread wasn't as useful as I'd initially though.

Side note, Avenger: DLTCEP still asks for SLOTS.IDS and COLOR.IDS for Torment, but neither exist in that game (the latter is CLOWNCLR.IDS).

Oddly enough, it's correct in IESDP, but not in NI or DLTCEP, so this thread wasn't as useful as I'd initially though

Occasionally the IESDP really is the central repository of IE knowledge :hm:

I would like to know what's incorrect with the opcode's name?

Those Rigid Thinking and Confusion are just different names for the same effect.

The moment you fix your action.ids, dltcep won't look for color.ids

Check this:

209 SetTextColor(I:TextColor*Color)

For slots.ids it is just a warning, you can either create your own slots.ids, or just create an empty file.

Well that explains a few things. As for the confusion bit, it was just me commenting that it was listed in the description bits but had no effect otherwise in PST, that's all.

In other news, found something else useful: #5, Charm does work somewhat like it did in BG1, in that bits 1 and 2 for parameter 2 (Hostile when over and "Dire charm") can be used and work as they should. If any higher bit is activated it seems to prevent the effect from working at all.

Side note, IWD2 is listed has having Undefined for Parameter 2 for this opcode...is that verifiable?

I'll keep dropping stuff in this thread so everything isn't all over the place if that's alright with you folks.

Sorry for the bump, did some more testing with Charm: newer version of NI shows parameter 1 acting as a General.IDS parameter and it's right (did a quick check to see if it actually had the usual IDS setup, no luck. Sorry anyone hoping for a Charm Woman spell possibility :X)

Archived