PST: Actors section of ARE

Displacer

In the actors section, the unknown at 0x38 has something to do with whether this particular actor will spawn. 0xFFFFFFFF means this entry will not affect the spawn. If any other value is here it checks this against something in the area data and decides whether or not to spawn the creature. It looks like its time related, but I'm not sure.

There is no "ownership" on knowledge.

Getting familiar with the disassembly will help you further along, so your effort is not wasted at all.

I think there is an additional field in actor+0x2E (byte or word, can't remember right now) which is related to GAM v2.0 NPC+0xF7 (byte). Should be an ASCII character. ('*' == 0x2A)

I'll post the details once I find some time, but it's not really interesting at all.

Bumping this up a little, but according to all this actor orientation is supposed to be a dword, right?

Well modified NI for that, and it seems 0x36 is used for possibly something else...from what I can tell it's in some cases FF 00 (such as Carver in AR0101). Any ideas?

Possible, but somehow I doubt it. 0x2E-0x2F are doing something in that actor slot as well, both bytes showing 0B. Might be worth a onceover just to make sure they didn't shove some obscure function in there like they love doing?

I'll see what I can find when I get back to the beginning of the actor processing, I'm still in the actual cre processing at the moment.

Quick question, can someone explain to me what the Actor orientation entry is (offset 0x34)? I'm at a section that processes it and need to know just what it is.

Thanks!

It indicates the direction that the actor is facing.

(0-15, 0 being south and the facing values increasing as the character turns clockwise)

Archived