Improved shapeshifting?

Guest guest

Guest guest

I never noticed this paricular component from SCSI even; is it fairly new? I've been using SCSI for a while, and anyways, either it's new or i missed it but look forward to trying it out next time.

Anyways, I don't see why it isn't in SCSII. Even if just for uniformity across SCSI and II. It sounds like it might make party druids' shapeshifting more viable, as well as the obvious implications for AI.

I never noticed this paricular component from SCSI even; is it fairly new?

Yep; last non-minimal release, last September. It mostly seems to work smoothly though there are one or two glitches with Avengers.

Anyways, I don't see why it isn't in SCSII.

Because

(i) the last non-minimal update to SCSII was July 2008;

(ii) I wrote the component in September 2008;

(iii) I can't travel through time.

It'll be in the next release of SCSII, hopefully in a week or two.

If you want to try it before then, you should probably be able to install the SCSI component, even on a BG2 install.

Guest guest

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean it in a rude way at all.

It's just that I could not see anything along the lines of 'added improved shapeshifting component in so and so version' in the version changelog; else I would have figured the above out myself.

Anyhows, glad to know it will make it over.

You have some really good tweaks within these SCS mods of yours, in addition to the AI. The Gaelan Bayle gold amount change is awesome, and this one looks very promising.

Keep up the good work.

No need to apologise! Eventually I'll remember that my flippancy usually doesn't come across that well on forums. I didn't take it as rude at all. And you're right that I forgot to add the component to the SCS changelog.

Guest guest

No need to apologise! Eventually I'll remember that my flippancy usually doesn't come across that well on forums. I didn't take it as rude at all. And you're right that I forgot to add the component to the SCS changelog.

Nah, I knew it was a joke (even if one had all of two braincells, point (iii) would surely convince even a neanderthal of the non-serious nature of the reply!) and conversely I knew you would say something like 'no need to say that'! I almost feel ashamed for drawing that out of you...almost :)

(I lurk around on these boards too much, I know you're one of the good guys!)

I don't want create new topic.

So, i use version 24 SCS. It’s about component "Improved shapeshifting". I installed and i have info in WSETUP ("SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved shapeshifting"), but all forms shapesifting has not changed (druid, avenger, shapeshifter). All innate looks as in unmodified game (i cann't create pawns, i have no resistanses and immunites). Except shapeshifter, but he have only Lesser Werewolftoken (first form, ain't other two).

I check this 2 times on different installations (with other mods and clean game). I check Override. All spl file to come from orignal game (SpCl611-13.spl, SpCl632-34.spl, spcl643-44.spl). In SCS v21 this component work fine (i have another installation).

Why component not working in v.24?

Archived