New alternate portrait

Raiha

So, I actually had to make an account here after years of just downloading and lurking because I had something to share. This has taken up most of my morning, but I have made a portrait set (all three sizes) for Angelo out of the movie poster for Letters to Iwo Jima, but of course, Baldurized by painting over it/smudging it/recolouring it, etc etc.

I've tested them very briefly in-game and they look OK on my monitor, albeit slightly stretched because my monitor is a very strange sized wide-screen and BG2 always looks stretched for me.

Mostly I just wanted to share in case anyone else liked them, but I'd also like some constructive criticism as this the first BG portrait I've tried to make on my own.

ang1G.jpg

Zip file of all three sizes can be downloaded here.

I LOVE this portrait. I just have one pet peeve, and it's not just you or any other artist in particular; but I hate when any part of the head is cut off. Where's his bleepin' left ear and top of head?

Seriously, that is minor here. I've downloaded them and will use them. Thanks for your work!

I have to say, this is my favorite alternate portrait so far, although it's quite different from how I originally conceived him; for one thing, I never imagined him with short hair--but it captures the age, the military angle, and I can't get enough of that mustache. Thanks a lot! I'm sure the players will appreciate it as well.

Ankh -- I tried really hard to find a version of this picture that was not cut off at all, but unfortunately one doesn't exist. As it is I had to make several inches of new forehead from scratch, and I didn't trust myself to try anything more adventurous than that. And the ear thing...in order for the picture to be both mostly centered and contain both ears, it would have had to have been quite a bit smaller, which again gave me problems with creating almost the whole top of his head from scratch (which I gave up on in disgrace.)

Sister V -- thank you very much. Just hope people like them. (:

Ankh -- I tried really hard to find a version of this picture that was not cut off at all, but unfortunately one doesn't exist. As it is I had to make several inches of new forehead from scratch, and I didn't trust myself to try anything more adventurous than that. And the ear thing...in order for the picture to be both mostly centered and contain both ears, it would have had to have been quite a bit smaller, which again gave me problems with creating almost the whole top of his head from scratch (which I gave up on in disgrace.)

Sister V -- thank you very much. Just hope people like them. (:

Oh...sorry then. But I do love it and am using it right now. Thanks! :)

Archived