Difficulty? (spoilers)

Guest Rob

Have you ever been told that the Amber kidnap storyline is incredibly difficult (almost to the point of being frustrating, for me anyways?) The plethora of guards and the super cranked daemon don't make things very easy, particularly with five party members.

Just wondering if it's just me, or if you've heard that before.

Yes, there has been a few complaints over the years. But since majority of users have been content, I've decided against changing the difficulty.

Remember that 'Monster summoning' can be useful against bowmen, and the demon is best disposed with 'Lower resistance' and simple and fast spells like 'Magic missile'.

Yes, there has been a few complaints over the years. But since majority of users have been content, I've decided against changing the difficulty.

Remember that 'Monster summoning' can be useful against bowmen, and the demon is best disposed with 'Lower resistance' and simple and fast spells like 'Magic missile'.

You should also be able to use the controls to lower the difficulty setting from Normal to Easy for the duration of the fight.

I just did this part a couple nights ago with PC FI/MA, HaerDilas and Viconia on pretty low levels.

A couple of tips: When your in the street just go right for the girl (forget her name) and the rest of the guards give up and head inside.

My PC and Haer were hasted with stone skins and blurr plus Haer in offensive spin and they stood at the doorway inside and chopped down the guards pretty easily.

Another option is take a hasted player with a couple of invisability potions. Run them into the middle of the room while visable and have another character use the wand of cloud kill then close the door. Drink an invisability potion and then run off and hid in the kitchen.

As far as the Demon I've yet to have him successfully use his gaze ability on a character that has caotic commands cast on them.

Don't get me wrong I didn't mean any insult by it...and I've completed it (though thank you all for the tips!).

However I just felt when the experience was done that between the daemon and the bowmen and the fight with the mage (which I had to do about 6 times because the chick kept dying when he does his little kamikaze explosion) I thought the difficulty and frustration completing the quest outweighed the experience and item rewards.

However, it was certainly nice to have Amber back. Nobody throws down a hardcore backstab like her, I've killed entire groups of like 8 spellcasters with her alone just by stealthing, backstabbing, running away while hasted, rinse and repeat. Great to see someone explode when you hit them in the back!

Archived