Effect #112 Remove Item

plainab

I took a look at this effect. I wanted to know if it removed ALL instances or just one copy of the given resource.

It removes only one item (or stack) from the first slot on the creature that returns true for having that item.

To do some testing, I spammed my pc with sw1h43.itm in every slot using Shadow Keeper. I then used a hotkey along with a custom spell that had effect #112.

Here is the slot order used by this effect:

Amulets

Armor

Belt

Boots

Cloak

Gauntlets

Helmet

Ring Left (the one on the left side of screen but on right hand of paper doll cause it faces the player)

Ring Right (opposite of above)

Shield

Quiver 1

Quiver 2

Quiver 3

Quiver 4 (this one is hidden and not accessible in game, but the effect worked on it nonetheless)

Quick Item 1

Quick Item 2

Quick Item 3

Main Inventory slots (all 16 of them in numerical order from 1 - 16)

Weapon 1

Weapon 2

Weapon 3

Weapon 4 (I was using a ranger and so it was hidden by the gui, but the effect worked nonetheless)

Note that the order of the slots is closer to the slots.ids in appearance than the order of items 'slots' on the cre file itself...

One thing of note: There is a hard coded sound associated with this effect. When it works you can hear the sound, if there is no matching item found in any of the creatures slots nothing happens...

To me it seems exactly like slots.ids
Yes, but slots.ids doesn't have a place for the 'amulets' and there is no accessible 'fist' slot in the gui or in Shadow Keeper so that one couldn't be tested.

But yes, it does appear to follow slots ids after the 'amulets' slot.

- intead it's basically alphabetical.
That could just be the way I named the categories, but yeah I saw that too...
there is no accessible 'fist' slot in the gui or in Shadow Keeper so that one couldn't be tested.
'Fist' slot, you mean 'magical weapon', or is it something else?

As far as filling the slot goes, I assume it can be filled with weidu or NI. DLTCEP too, if I'm not mistaken. And using the script to check for it.

You can always add the missing 0 for the amulets.

Actually, the original slots.ids misses the IDS header, not the 0 SLOT_AMULET line, which is there.

Just extract one from your original game, and look at it by a text editor.

It is irrelevant what's actually written in slots.ids. What important is: the parameter slots.ids represents, is enumerated the same order as this effect iterates through the item slots.

34 is the magic slot, 10 is the fist slot which isn't saved in the .cre

15,16,17 are quick items.

18-33 the inventory slots.

Actually, the original slots.ids misses the IDS header, not the 0 SLOT_AMULET line, which is there.
That's news to me... Perhaps, a small note in the IESDP regarding that would be in order...

@Ardanis, I don't need to test for the 'Fist' slot. Just knowing now that the effect follows slots.ids, it will make it a little easier to develop something for the offhand users to swap out their items for ranged weapons... At least now I know why I was having some of the problems I was having. The order of item removal was working against me. It would be so much easier if the weapon slots came BEFORE the inventory slots....

Archived