Bug with Spell Immunity

Guest newuser01

Guest newuser01

Hi!

I play with a dual-class fighter/mage, my problem is that Sp. Immunity: Evocation and the individual version Immunity: Evocation doesn't protects me from Evocation spells. I tried with Fireball, Acid Fog and Cloudkill, and when I'm in the range of these spells, they damage me. I tried a new tactic to store in to a Spell Trigger Immunity: Evocation, Impr. Haste and Acid Fog and release it near the enemy but the Acid Fog harms me also. I have Spell Revisions installed before SCSII. What is the problem, is this a bug?

Are these spells cast by your mage or enemy casters? Your mage is not immune to Evocation spells under SI:Evocation when they're actually cast by him. Same is valid for Dispel Magic and SI:Abjuration. In short, SI does not protect your character from his/her own spells.

I think that the Planetar's spells (summoned by your character) also will not be subject to SI check so beware with those Planetar Dispel Magics or Fire Storms.

Globe of Invulnerability, on the other hand, will protect your character from spell levels 1-4, even when they're cast by him/her.

Sp. Immunity: Evocation and the individual version Immunity: Evocation doesn't protects me from Evocation spells. I tried with Fireball, Acid Fog and Cloudkill, and when I'm in the range of these spells, they damage me. I tried a new tactic to store in to a Spell Trigger Immunity: Evocation, Impr. Haste and Acid Fog and release it near the enemy but the Acid Fog harms me also. I have Spell Revisions installed before SCSII. What is the problem, is this a bug?
Your mage is not immune to Evocation spells under SI:Evocation when they're actually cast by him. Same is valid for Dispel Magic and SI:Abjuration. In short, SI does not protect your character from his/her own spells.
I'm not sure if I implemented this "fix" in older versions (I thought I did for 2.9) but within SR V3 a mage under SI:Evo is protected by his own spells too.

I think that the Planetar's spells (summoned by your character) also will not be subject to SI check so beware with those Planetar Dispel Magics or Fire Storms.
I'm almost sure Planetar's spells don't bypass SI.

Globe of Invulnerability, on the other hand, will protect your character from spell levels 1-4, even when they're cast by him/her.
Only because Fixpack fixed it, and SR does the same.
Guest newuser01
Are these spells cast by your mage or enemy casters? Your mage is not immune to Evocation spells under SI:Evocation when they're actually cast by him. Same is valid for Dispel Magic and SI:Abjuration. In short, SI does not protect your character from his/her own spells.

Thank you for the quick response! When will V3 released?

Is this true? Does not happen in my game and I have the fix pack and spell revisions. Wait does this only count for the limited wish minor globe? That is the only globe version I use. I never tested the other globes.

One time half my party used wand of lighting and my character almost died from his own lighting in a cramped room while under minor globe but the rest of the party was not affected.

Is this true? Does not happen in my game and I have the fix pack and spell revisions. Wait does this only count for the limited wish minor globe? That is the only globe version I use. I never tested the other globes.
Limited wish cast the original spell (spw406.spl) on the whole party, thus if you have Spell Revision V3 you should indeed be protected from your own AoE spells.

If using SR you still find any spell which shouldn't bypassing (M)GoI still bypassing it just let me know and I'll make sure it won't.

One time half my party used wand of lighting and my character almost died from his own lighting in a cramped room while under minor globe but the rest of the party was not affected.
Without Item Revisions wands didn't used actual spells (they mimicked them), and thus these sort of things may happen.

Archived