Question about two tables

Salk

Hi!

Is the following wspecial.2da table legit?

And am I right assuming that for non proficient users, there will be a penalty of 2 to weapon speed (other than a penalty of 2 to damage)?

Also, when I have one star (*), is my speed modifier 0 while it is -2 instead with three (***), four (****) and five stars (*****)? I want to be sure that the modifiers do not stack

2DA V1.0

HIT DAMAGE SPEED

0 0 -2 2

1 0 0 0

2 1 1 0

3 2 3 -2

4 3 4 -2

5 4 5 -2

One last thing. If I want to have the following ApR modifiers:

0 1

1 1

2 3/2

3 3/2

4 2

5 5/2

how should wspatck.2da be changed?

Thanks for your help! :)

And am I right assuming that for non proficient users, there will be a penalty of 2 to weapon speed (other than a penalty of 2 to damage)?

Don't know. I think there might also be a class-dependent THAC0 penalty defined somewhere.

Also, when I have one star (*), is my speed modifier 0 while it is -2 instead with three (***), four (****) and five stars (*****)? I want to be sure that the modifiers do not stack

Never tested it, but that sounds likely as the other values don't stack.

One last thing. If I want to have the following ApR modifiers:

0 1

1 1

2 3/2

3 3/2

4 2

5 5/2

how should wspatck.2da be changed?

Here's a conversion of desired ApR to bonuses in the file:

1.0 : 0

1.5 : -1

2.0 : 1

2.5 : -2

3.0 : 2

3.5 : -3

4.0 : 3

So, your level 1-6 columns would look like:

For levels 7-12, bump each value up by one row on the conversion, and do the same again for levels 13+. This is where warriors get their extra half attack per round at levels 7 and 13.

7-12:

13+:

Hey, thanks a lot! :)

I am rather positive about a THAC0 penalty applied according to class (-2 warriors, -3 clerics/rogues, -5 wizards) when it comes to BG (the manual says that as well). I am not sure about BG2 but I will check it out!

Archived