How's work on BG1Tutu compatibility going?

Ieldra

Because I tried to install Tutu on a BG2 installation with Cleric Remix (as the only mod), and I got serious interface problems - kit selection disabled, no text cursor in the name dialogue, and no ability rolling window at all - the game just takes the first roll and goes on to the next aspect. Essentially, I couldn't create a character. It's the same if I install Cleric Remix on an existing BG1Tutu installation.

So, how is the work on Tutu compatibility going?

Having said that, I like Cleric Remix very much - I always found Clerics boring and never played one. This makes me want to do so for a change, and with a Silverstar of Selune, I can come very close to the dual-class Druid/Mage I always wanted to play. Thanks for the nice work.

As I said - before or after makes no difference. Installing after conversion was what I tried first, since I had a functioning Tutu installation. And things did go horribly wrong anyway. I don't know how if it was possible to actually play the game using your method, since I can't finish character creation - even accepting all the aforementioned problems, I can't type a name into the name window and consequently the "done" button remains disabled.

Hmm. Were there any other mods you had installed? Which ones? Maybe I've done something wrong - I'll try re-installing everything later this day and report here... except, if there is a known incompatibility with the Tutu Tweaks, please tell me first! I'll need neither Indira, the NPC Project nor HCs campaign worldmap for my next game, but playing without unlimited stacking is much more painful in BG1 than in BG2.

I use Cleric Remix on Tutu with Tutu Fixpack, BG1 NPC, Grey Clan, and Tweaks (started too early to give Indira and Mur'Neth a run). At noe point the Branwen and Viccy kits were going to be part of BG1NPC, so we've been coding with Tutu in mind. I'm surprised you had such a dire problem with the mod--I'm guessing it's a local problem, but the re-install will tell. :)

I actually do all my CR testing on Tutu, for one thing as it allows me to check behaviour at low levels. :)

In any case, it should work perfectly well with Tutu with no issues. Same as with vanilla BGII SoA, ToB, or BGT.

So, I have spent nearly the whole afternoon and evening trying to track this problem down. First, I had to reinstall BG1 from my clean backup, or anything I did wouldn't have any effect. Then, I re-installed BG2 as well, followed by Tutu, TutuFix and TutuTweaks, the latest versions of everything. I tried to create a character and everything worked. Then I installed all components of the Cleric Remix. and poof, no more functioning character creation. Now for the strange part: I uninstalled CR and, as I suspected, everything went well again. Then I installed CR again, but one component after the other, to see if any one component would cause this. After a while, I had installed all components and everything still worked.... whatever this was, I now have a functioning BG1Tutu installation with CR and every other mod I wanted. Very strange.

I have my character now, and as a little compensation, I rolled 93 ability points within one minute. I already like the new special abilities and I think I'll play through the whole of BG1 with him, and then decide if he's interesting enough not to dual him to a mage....

Archived