2 very strange lines in the tra file

Guest Immort

Guest Immort

A friend of mine is double checking the spanish translation that we'll send you soon. :)

However, he found two lines that are super strange!!

@4389 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ ~This is as much help as I can offer you. ~

This line is different for male and female chars... female chars just say ~This is as much help as I can offer you. ~ Is this correct?:party:

@7604 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in trusting our lives to Saemon once again?

!AreaCheck("AR1515")

!AreaCheck("AR1516")~

O_O

Thanks ;)

Search "@7604" (4 hits in 3 files)

E:\BG2_NPC\amber-v2.5\amber\dialogs\m#amber.d (2 hits)

Line 15966: Global("TakeSaemonRoute","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY @7604 /* @7604 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in trusting our lives to Saemon once again?

Line 15966: Global("TakeSaemonRoute","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY @7604 /* @7604 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in trusting our lives to Saemon once again?

E:\BG2_NPC\amber-v2.5\amber\tra\english\dialogs.tra (1 hits)

Line 4202: @7604 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in trusting our lives to Saemon once again?

E:\BG2_NPC\amber-v2.5\amber\tra\german\dialogs.tra (1 hits)

Line 4218: @7604 = ~Denkt Ihr, dass es eine gute Entscheidung war, unsere Leben ein zweites Mal in die Hände Saemons zu legen?

tra lines:

@7604 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in trusting our lives to Saemon once again?

!AreaCheck("AR1515")

!AreaCheck("AR1516")~

@7604 = ~Denkt Ihr, dass es eine gute Entscheidung war, unsere Leben ein zweites Mal in die Hände Saemons zu legen?

!AreaCheck("AR1515")

!AreaCheck("AR1516")~

both of these have migrated code into .tra. The related code,

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN ForceTalkMenu
 SAY ~~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @7590 /* @7590 = ~(Leave Amber alone.)~ */ EXIT
 IF ~IsGabber(Player1)
  Global("BodhiAppear","GLOBAL",1)
  GlobalLT("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",1)
  GlobalLT("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY @7603 /* @7603 = ~What is your take on this? Would you rather trust the Shadow Thieves to help us or throw your lot in with this mysterious Valen's 'mistress'?~ */ GOTO ChoosePath1
 IF ~IsGabber(Player1)
  Global("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",56)
  GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",5)
  Global("TakeSaemonRoute","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY @7604 /* @7604 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in trusting our lives to Saemon once again?
  !AreaCheck("AR1515")
  !AreaCheck("AR1516")~ */ GOTO ChoosePath2
 IF ~IsGabber(Player1)
  Global("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",56)
  GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",5)
  Global("TakeSaemonRoute","GLOBAL",1)
  OR(2)
	AreaCheck("AR1515")
	AreaCheck("AR1516")~ THEN REPLY @7605 /* @7605 = ~Do you think that I made the right decision in choosing to brave the long tunnels of the Underdark?~ */ GOTO ChoosePath3

Not sure if

!AreaCheck("AR1515")

!AreaCheck("AR1516")

is suposed to be for the one above or below, though. I will try to swing by after researching, unless D & M get here first. Either way, the fix needs to be made for all three translations (e, g, i)

out of time but I suspect rthere is a missing multi-say in the code, and that female dialog.tlk line is actually supposed to be a separate .tra line. Don't add it until Miera and Darious have had a chance to evaluate, though...

Hi! Nice to hear from the Spanish translation. :party:

The second one is obviously a mistake, the AreaCheck code is not part of the dialog. I'll sort it out once I'm on the right computer.

I'm slightly baffled of the first being different for male and female char. there's nothing in the dialog that would require it and obviously it should be the same for both. The dialogue is part of the 'hints' that NPCs give tho the player during Amber's quest. I can't off hand remember which NPC's line it is, though. I'll look in that too.

Got it - it is a missing multisay:

Search "@4389" (6 hits in 3 files)

E:\BG2_NPC\amber-v2.5\amber\dialogs\m#npcapp.d (4 hits)

Line 3801: @4389 /* @4389 = @4391 /* @4391 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ */ */

Line 3801: @4389 /* @4389 = @4391 /* @4391 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ */ */

Line 3816: @4389 /* @4389 = @4391 /* @4391 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ */ */

Line 3816: @4389 /* @4389 = @4391 /* @4391 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ */ */

E:\BG2_NPC\amber-v2.5\amber\tra\english\dialogs.tra (1 hits)

Line 1565: @4389 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ ~This is as much help as I can offer you.~

E:\BG2_NPC\amber-v2.5\amber\tra\german\dialogs.tra (1 hits)

Line 1571: @4389 = ~Also würde ich sagen, dass Ihr Eure Suche nach Eurer Gefährtin und dem Versteck der Sklavenhändler am besten in Atkatla beginnen solltet. Sklaverei ist in ganz Amn verboten, also werdet Ihr sie wahrscheinlich kaum in einem ehrbaren Teil der Stadt finden.~ ~Mehr Hilfe kann ich Euch leider nicht anbieten.~

tra reference:

@4389 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ ~This is as much help as I can offer you.~

KidnapB1 code:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN M#AmberKidnapB1
 SAY @4387 /* @4387 = ~Slavers, you say? Unfortunately it is not unheard of, although I'm happy to say it is relatively rare that they would travel this far from Athkatla.~ */
 =
 @4388 /* @4388 = ~Trademeet is a wealthy town; I guess we don't really have enough unfortunate people for them to take advantage of.~ */
 =
 @4389 /* @4389 = @4391 /* @4391 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ */ */
 =
 @4392 /* @4392 = ~If you wish to assist us in dealing with the Genies later, please seek Guildmistress Busya just outside my office. She will be most interested in hiring you, I am sure.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("M#LoganKidnapResponse","Locals",1)~ EXIT

in Kidnap B,

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN M#AmberKidnapB
 SAY @4387 /* @4387 = ~Slavers, you say? Unfortunately it is not unheard of, although I'm happy to say it is relatively rare that they would travel this far from Athkatla.~ */
 =
 @4388 /* @4388 = ~Trademeet is a wealthy town; I guess we don't really have enough unfortunate people for them to take advantage of.~ */
 =
 @4389 /* @4389 = @4391 /* @4391 = ~That being said, if you wish to find you companion, you should probably go to Athkatla and find the slavers' hideout. Slavery is illegal in all of Amn, so you are unlikely to find them in a respectable part of the city.~ */ */

The blank line is probably a mis-traification.

The easy fix, Miera, is to simply snip off te phrase and discard it, and go on :party:

If you really want it in, I would find an unused tra # and add it to the translations at the end, so

@12345 = ~This is as much help as I can offer you. ~

and code in Kidnap B,

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN M#AmberKidnapB
 SAY @4387
 = @4388
 = @4389 
 = @4391
 = @12345
END

since in B1 he goes on to talk about Genies, which is more help, and in B he is all finished up.

Archived