research topics

Avenger

teleport (124): no, it is not possible to set this spell this way. It seems applying effects in any way would overwrite the applied effect's point to the point in the applying effect. Sucks.

0x137 Random Wish (311) - This effect takes no parameters. It simply rolls a random number 1-25. And applies SPWISH<nn> on the target. No wisdom checks, no tweaking possibilities.

This effect is useful for a deck of many things kind of item. (Modders should use it sparsely, the good effects, like truly permanent stat increase are among those effects).

0xdd (Dispel Secondary Type spells) - dispels all

0xe6 (Dispel one Secondary Type spell) - dispels only one of the highest possible

The same applies for dispel school effects (0xdc vs 0xe5)

0x70 Destroy weapon: it seems it removes the item more 'safely'. It updates the quick weapon buttons.

It plays EFF_M02 when destroying the item.

It is recommended to use this effect if you expect that removed weapon was wielded.

0x7b Destroy inventory item. No sound played. Less safe for weapons (it would cause some graphical glitches, i think).

Judging from the name, the "Casting level bonus" should just change the spellcaster's casting level (usually affects the number of rolls, so eg. a skull trap does more damage with a positive bonus). Wild mages have a chance of getting this applied anytime they cast.

0xdd (Dispel Secondary Type spells) - dispels all

This just removes all effects with the specified secondary type then?

0xe6 (Dispel one Secondary Type spell) - dispels only one of the highest possible

This just removes a single effect (random chosen? the first one? the last one?) with the specified secondary type then?

Yes, 0xdd removes all effects of a particular secondary type. This is without doubt.

0xe6 picks one of the highest possible levels (parameter1 is the level limit).

I believe it picks either the first or the last matching effect of that level (or complete spell?). This is unsure.

0xa4 remove intoxication - i already wrote about this effect. It is buggy, it tries to remove 0xa4 effects (itself) instead of 0x5e intoxication effects.

A simple byte replacement (2 occasions) could fix this effect. (I suppose Taimon can fix it in his own engine patch).

The effect is working correctly in iwd2, but all other engine versions are buggy.

Archived