How to install with TotSC 4-in-1 Atari boxset?

Guest daviduk

Guest daviduk

Hello, I have spent some time trying to get the ws mod to work with Tales of the Sword Coast installed from the Baldur's Gate Atari 4-in-1 boxset. The problem is that BG 4-in-1 boxset installs correctly but only creates 2 program folders:

1. Baldur's Gate

2. BGII - SoA

The BG 4-in-1 boxset does not create a program folder called 'Tales of the Sword Coast' which I understand is a requirement for the successful installation of the wsm. The mod installs successfully into the second folder (BGII - SoA) but does not install successfully into the first folder (Baldur's Gate).

Is it possible for me to play Tales of the Sword Coast installed via the Atari 4-in-1 boxset at a higher screen resolution using this mod?

Incidentally, my monitor is 1600 x 1200, so not widescreen, but I would still like to play BG TotSC at a higher resolution than 640 x 480!

I am using windows xp and an Ati 4850 (512mb) graphics card.

Thanks!

Both expansions install in the directory of their base game. So you will never find any Tales of the Sword Coast or Throne of Bhaal directory.

Just make sure you install the expansions, then the latest patch for each : 1.3.5512 patch for Tales of the Sword Coast, 2.5.26498 for Throne of Bhaal. For Tales of the Sword Coast, do not install the DirectX patch otherwise you won't be able to install widescreen (check the pinned topics and the readme for details).

Widesceeen allows to choose whatever resolution you want, not only widescreen ratio. The name comes from the initial purpose, which was to allow proper pixel ratio for a widescreen display but there is no restriction actually.

I didn't want to make a new topic, since I'll ask here...Hopefully someone notices.

I downloaded the first three disks of the boxset (BG1, BG1 TotSC, BG2 SoA) successfully, and I'm at Throne of Bhaal right now. When I attempt to install it, it tells me it can't find the disk in D:\...when I attempt to browse for it, the computer tells me it sees the game there, but the installation wizard won't recognize it. I don't know that much about computers, but I have Windows 7 and my computer is very new. If no one is sure what I'm talking about, I can post screenshots or give more details.

I checked around Google, and either I'm not asking the right questions, or this is a really rare problem.

Can anyone help me? Oh, please? :mad:

You're bumping an year old topic with a question that is off-topic for the thread and the forum itself, and that already denies you any right you might have had to a relevant answer. If that weren't enough,

I downloaded the first three disks of the boxset (BG1, BG1 TotSC, BG2 SoA) successfully

We don't discuss problems with illegally obtained copies of the game, so kindly GTFO.

You're bumping an year old topic with a question that is off-topic for the thread and the forum itself, and that already denies you any right you might have had to a relevant answer. If that weren't enough,

I downloaded the first three disks of the boxset (BG1, BG1 TotSC, BG2 SoA) successfully

We don't discuss problems with illegally obtained copies of the game, so kindly GTFO.

Alright, I apologize...I posted here because asking about the widescreen would have been step 2 of figuring out how the damn thing works.

But, sugar? I kindly ask you to look up what "bump" means in internet slang. Oh, and forgive me for saying "download" instead of "install". I can see where you'd be confused, since the problem is the computer not recognizing a game disk on its drive.

Heh.

- random question does not fulfil the criteria for "bump". It's just OT (link provided, in case the internet slang gets you)

- "download" and "install" are really not interchangeable

- calling the author of the mod you wanted to ask questions about for "sugar" = fail

So all in all - welcome to the forums, and smooth entrance!

Archived