Utility request

igi

You may have noticed, but an IESDP update is imminent. Part of the update process is to convert the .dat files to .html files. I wrote a tool to do this years and year ago. I lost the source ages ago, but I've happily been chugging along with the compiled exe. However, while running it earlier today I realised it is massively out of date - the font, css and line wrap are all harded-coded. I've no idea what I did to fix it for the last IESDP update.

I don't have time to recode the tool, but if someone would be willing to knock up a simple program to convert a dat file into a formatted html file it would be greatly appreciated.

The tool basically just does an indexed search/replace (every 2nd " is set to 'start opcode css', every 3rd is 'end opcode/start param1 css' etc.).

This is the only thing holding up the latest IESDP update (which has shrunk this forum to almost 1 page of threads!)

It was used as parameter format in old times (ieep), but i never gotten around to support it, so it is now a dead weight.

In the best tradition of the IESDP, I think we should assign it an utterly random field name and purpose.

Should produce something very similiar to the current look.

I copied all those ugly html hacks, although my heart was bleeding when doing the nbsp substitution.

Great, thanks. You should see the source to the previous version of the page (image every space being nb-spaced escaped, and a 76 character line wrap).

Now, where are the cookies?

No cookies, but you can have this warm hearted feeling of kindness instead.

Great, thanks. You should see the source to the previous version of the page (image every space being nb-spaced escaped, and a 76 character line wrap).

Well, with a 76 character line wrap you don't need the nbsp substitution because then it would make sense to use the white-space="pre" CSS attribute. I thought about it for a while, but decided to copy the current behavior.

By the way, the script does some "hotlinking" in the description. Every #nnn is transformed to a link to the opcode. (#opnnn is the opcode id in the document.)

By the way, the script does some "hotlinking" in the description. Every #nnn is transformed to a link to the opcode. (#opnnn is the opcode id in the document.)

Yeah, I already noticed. Moving this to the archives. Thanks again.

Archived