Comet hurting party menbers

deratiseur

Well, if someone can tell me the hardcoded projectile speed of Comet it may be doable, but it's indeed not so simple. You need three spells:

1) the first spell has no projectile, it simply cast the other two spells in the designated point

2) the second spell uses vanilla's Comet projectile but does nothing (we need it for the animation)

3) the third spell should have a custom projectile (no animation, speed must be almost identical to vanilla's Comet) and store the various effects

I was going to do this within SR to reduce AoE to 20' radius, but it was too much work for such a small change, and most importantly discovering Comet's speed is too boring. :)

The comet has no standard speed, it is more like those pillar type projectiles.

You can probably do this in two steps:

1. affect party with one effect: immunity to comet projectile

2. normal comet

Probably the projectile immunity has some unwanted graphical overlay, but i think that is removable.

OOps :)

ok.

I see where it does that, i could come up with an exe patch.

If someone wants to try, the code about EA selection starts at: 00601C78

It basically gets the EA of the caster, and sets the affected EA of the projectile.

You want to skip that part and jump to 006029DE

Ok. I have at last find a indirect way to have a personal version of comet spell, which hit everybody.

yeaa, my warlord kit is almost finished :)

The way is to use a personal VVC, a fusion of SPCOMTRV.bam and SPCOMEXP.bam, and don't forget the sound (EFF_M109). (You''ll see this on my kits pack, if i do an english release :-/)

Insert my usual this-will-break-enemy-AI warning.

Why ? this personal spell is for my kit, not for the enemy mages.

Sorry, I misunderstood: you're creating a new spell that's like Comet except for hurting the party, I take it, not modifying the baseline Comet?

Insert my usual this-will-break-enemy-AI warning.

Why ? this personal spell is for my kit, not for the enemy mages.

Sorry, I misunderstood: you're creating a new spell that's like Comet except for hurting the party, I take it, not modifying the baseline Comet?

Yes. It's a new spell, only available in the spellbook of one of my kits. The basic Comet spell is unchanged.

Unfortunaly, i cannot do the same for Horrid Wilting. There is the hardcoded uncopyable cloud on his animation.

Archived