Amber and Baldur's Gate 1 style weapon proficiencies

Guest Concerned Denizen

Guest Concerned Denizen

I'm having trouble with Amber's weapon proficiencies and the mod that allows you to use Baldur's Gate 1 style weapon proficiencies instead. She gets proficiency in "Unused" and some (like spears) can't be changed.

I'm having trouble with Amber's weapon proficiencies and the mod that allows you to use Baldur's Gate 1 style weapon proficiencies instead. She gets proficiency in "Unused" and some (like spears) can't be changed.

Did you install the BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component (from the BG2 Tweak Pack) before Amber?

That component will only adjust proficiencies of creatures that exist in the game at the time it is installed.

Guest Concerned Denizen

Did you install the BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component (from the BG2 Tweak Pack) before Amber?

That component will only adjust proficiencies of creatures that exist in the game at the time it is installed.

Yes, and I reinstalled it after I got Amber, and it shifted proficiencies around, but didn't give her Large Swords, and Spears does not get a + on level up. I don't know what to do.

Guest Concerned Denizen

Yes, and I reinstalled it after I got Amber, and it shifted proficiencies around, but didn't give her Large Swords, and Spears does not get a + on level up. I don't know what to do.

And for some reason, she has two points in Spiked Weapons...

And for some reason, she has two points in Spiked Weapons...

Like other mods that change .cres, it won't affect those you've already met in-game. So, if you had her in the party when you reinstalled L1NPCs, her proficiencies will be messed up, but if you were to start a new game and pick her up, or load an earlier save from before you met her, she should appear normally. If those wouldn't easily work for you, you might want to try using ShadowKeeper or NearInfinity to fiddle with her proficiencies manually.

Archived