The Mighty FAQ

Grim Squeaker

Here we go...

Is Tyris Flare a WeiDU mod?

Of course. She will play nicely with all other WeiDU mods.

Is there Throne of Bhaal content?

Absolutely! Make sure you've got at least version 4 and the story will continue all the way to the end.

But do I need Throne of Bhaal?

Nope. The mod works perfectly well with a Shadows of Amn only install. Though there was a bug prior to version to 4 that meant this was not the case.

Do I need to start a new game?

You shouldn't need to, no, but it can't hurt.

What class/attributes/hair colour does Tyris have?

Please read the "Tyris Flare, the NPC" thread to find out more.

Haven't you just stolen this character from Golden Axe?

Technically, yes. Though I'd like to think of it more as an homage. There's even a thread here to discuss this. As stated in the readme, if Sega wants to bitch slap me for this, the mod will quietly disappear into the night...

Where can I find Tyris?

In the Umar Hills during the day. Kind of near the cave...

Why is there no audio?

Aha, you must have an extremely early version. In the first couple of releases of Tyris, she had very limited voicing, however as of Version 3 she has all the voicing you'd expect from a BioWare NPC.

Can I romance/shag Tyris?

Yes/yes if your character is male and either human, elf or half-elf.

What are the romance's variables?

Pretty much the regular naming scheme, but prefixed. So if you want to check what state the romance is in check "G#TF.TyrisRomanceActive". If its 1, it's the early romance; 2 it's serious; 3 you killed it. If you want to check which lovetalk you're upto, check her local variable "G#TF.Lovetalk".

How many lovetalks are there?

In total there are 23 lovetalks in SoA and 8 in ToB (plus flirts, interjections, romance conflicts etc). So if you check "G#TF.Lovetalk" and the value is 47, that means you're at the end of the SoA romance track. In Throne of Bhaal, if you check "G#TF.ExpLovetalk" and the value is 15, you're just got the pre-final fight talk to go...

Edited by jastey
fixed links

Does it matter if your character is Evil, the rep is low, and your character is highly "uninteligant" (unintelligent), "not-so-charismatic", and "unenlightened" (Low wisdom)?

Or anything that interests the spell flinging, sword swinging woman will work?

For party-joining and romance that is, sorry if the FAQs or Readme have cleared that up

Edited by Tieflingz
Does it matter if your character is Evil, the rep is low, and your character is highly "uninteligant" (unintelligent), "not-so-charismatic", and "unenlightened" (Low wisdom)?

Or anything that interests the spell flinging, sword swinging woman will work?

For party-joining and romance that is, sorry if the FAQs or Readme have cleared that up

Nope, no restrictions like that. Be human, elven or half-and-half and have a penis. That's it.

Any conditions for specific lovetalks?

I'm curious if everything going right in my game: romance stuck at lovetalk 12, i've got A LOT of "tyris staring at you" kind of flirts, but no more lovetalk for a very long time

A couple of them are trigered at rest but no other special conditions and your next one wouldn't be at rest.

You should have had a conflict with Viconia or Jaheira on your last talk if they are in the party, did that happen?

You should have had a conflict with Viconia or Jaheira on your last talk if they are in the party, did that happen?

I have a romance with Aerie, but conflict didn't happen yet

I tried to rest (both in city and outside) - still nothing

variables:

var2.jpg

var1.jpg

Edited by Garza

I am running an evil party and wanted to know if there was likely to be any conflict in this, perhaps I should use shadowkeeper to make her TN?

Played only a bit but so far looking very promising :).

Thanks,

Bane

In general the only issue is her alignment, which means she'll be unhappy if you get a low reputation (and eventually leave it becomes too low). Otherwise it's just the standard "extremely evil actions" that will cause a problem e.g., handing over the silver dragon eggs to the demon.

Glad you're having fun :)

Just a quick question (because I noticed, that there will be ToB part soon). She is dual-classed at level 6, right? Although I remember, that she was the most "magic" character in Golden Axe (I loved the game, although it was impossible for me to reach the end with just one character), I could still use one additional level for powergaming reasons. At lvl 7 the fighter gets 1/2 additional attack and weapon proficiency.

I'm having difficulty finding the question there.

Are you asking me to remake the creature files so she gets an extra level? Because I really, really don't want to do that just because of the time it takes to mess about with them and level them correctly etc etc. If someone wants to do it for me and make the creature files exactly the same as they were but with an extra level, I will gladly put them in but I just don't have the time and sanity to go through that again.

Grim Squeaker: Dont worry about it. Im probably too much influenced by the general "rule", that you should dual-class fighter at level 7, 13 etc. :thumbsup:

She is still a strong NPC and I can always change the levels through Shadow Keeper (if necessary).

Her 6/8 levels moreover mean, that she has proximately around 161 000 xp - like charname after TotSC.

Guest Suslik

Guys, need halp. I have Jaheira and Tyris in my party.

Jaheira lovetalks seem to have already started. Tyris has triggered a few of her talks, the last one was about she has found a note about "a child of bhaal" and so on. But throughout the whole game Tyris "had nothing to say to me". I wander what's wrong, is she going to talk to me?