rar files ?

Jordoo

I'm looking for suggestions on what program/software to use to open rar files which many mods come in. Do I have to buy the software? Is one better than another ect .....

Thanks in advance!

Winrar. Fuck even i did a library that can open rar & zip (in java).

I'm looking for suggestions on what program/software to use to open rar files which many mods come in. Do I have to buy the software? Is one better than another ect .....

Thanks in advance!

Ignore the previous post's poor language use. He also did not answer your question.

You should be able to open any .rar archive with Windows File Manager. It shows files only, not directories or subdirectories.

7Zip (my choice for viewing archives) is freeware and will open .rar archives with the added benefit of having all files in their directories and subdirectories.

WinRAR is good for creating .rar archives as well, but does need to be purchased.

Hope this helps.

WinRAR is good for creating .rar customized size archives as well, but does need to be purchased.
Not true, at least if you just need to unpack them... Yes, it begins to ask for code after the 30 days, but it never requires to actually insert it if you do not wish to... used the program more than my share by now, as a free customer. It can also open .exe-auto-extraction-archives that a winzip can't, the 7z should be able to, though.

Archived