Crash when trying to enter Temple of Tempus

Guest martix

When I try to enter the temple of tempus I get one of those familiar bad sounds and the game crashes.

I have both expansions and here's the WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Assorted Fixes

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2121 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2131 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2141 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2182 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters -> Arcane & Divine Magic

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

Any ideas?

Do you get a message giving an error code? I assume you have Heart of Winter installed? If you're running basic IWD, Icon Improvements should not install because it tended to do just what you experienced.

Most of your tweaks I've had no problem with. I can only suggest uninstalling the tweaks one at a time, starting with the last. When you can enter the Temple without crashing the game, you've found your culprit. Then let us know what you find. My bet is on Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices, but I'm only guessing...

Well it happens with every possible configuration:

IWD, HoW, Tweakpack with following features.

I can't see any error codes with HoW, but when on IWD alone there is some error code about some inaccesible WED file or something, I don't quite remember specifics.

Icon Improvements should be skipped on a basic IWD install. If it installed, uninstall it. It will cause the problem you mention. It should be fine with HoW and TotL installs.

Troubleshoot by reduction. Did you remove the components of the tweakpack one at a time? Starting with the last one installed, and working up the list, without reinstalling any removed components? Checking the game after each removal?

I know it sounds tedious, but it's the simplest way to find a bad component. Those of us who've used mods for any length of time have had to do it at one time or another. If the problem remains after all components are removed, you may have a bad file in the game itself.

Archived