G3 Development Wiki Fixed!

theacefes

The wiki broke the server earlier this year. I don't think the current admins were at all impressed with it.

With any luck, it will finally go offline permanently, now a not-insignificant number of years after my first attempts to get Cam to shut it off and pretend like it never existed.

The wiki broke the server earlier this year. I don't think the current admins were at all impressed with it.

With any luck, it will finally go offline permanently, now a not-insignificant number of years after my first attempts to get Cam to shut it off and pretend like it never existed.

Will the Wiki be restored?

It is doubtful improbable that the Wiki ... oh, who are we kidding.

Nope. As far as the last internal decision made, it will not be restored. Ace and the crew looked at it, and realized we just can't keep up with the botbloat. Even if we could, we have other ways of creating collaboratively now, even if it is as simple ad Gmail.

The data on it is tucked away somewhere, and hopefully time will free up for someone to transform anything useful there into static webpages. The primary folks using the wiki are all retired now anyways, save for berelinde and myself, and we were "Johnny come Latelies".

Which reminds me... we should take it off of any of the menus that still show it.

[Edit: OK, the site stuff has all of the dev.wiki stuff commented out. I'll drop a note to Theacefes to ask for the forum wrapper to do the same.]

Is there something specific you are looking for? Many of the materials presented on the Wiki were explanations/backups from existing mods.

Archived