Projectiles...

Andyr

It could be set to use the projectile range if the spell range is set to zero. I'm pretty sure something similar is used for spell effect power levels. If the level is set then the spell casts at that power level, if it is 0, then it uses the character level. (Dispel magic for example)

It could be set to use the projectile range if the spell range is set to zero.  I'm pretty sure something similar is used for spell effect power levels.  If the level is set then the spell casts at that power level, if it is 0, then it uses the character level.  (Dispel magic for example)

I am not sure I understand what you mean. As far as I know, the power field in the spell effects is what indicates the level of the spell (in terms of how Minor Globe of Invulnerability works, for example).

-Echon

That's true Echon - for most opcodes, at least. In some opcodes, however, specifying 0 in the power field will allow the game to use the caster's level to determine what power it is cast at. As Caedwyr suggested, Dispel Magic is one such opcode, and I know I've used others (though they escape my mind at present).

Archived