Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

Actually, it seems that it has no effect whatsoever on neutral creatures. It works normal on both allied creatures and on enemies, but casting it on a neutral one wields no effect - I tried more or less ten times on different creatures, and tried to make them turn red, at which point ORS started affecting them if cast again.

Since using it like I suggested wasn't your aim I'd say to not worry about this now, anyway.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

Actually, it seems that it has no effect whatsoever on neutral creatures. It works normal on both allied creatures and on enemies, but casting it on a neutral one wields no effect - I tried more or less ten times on different creatures, and tried to make them turn red, at which point ORS started affecting them if cast again.

Since using it like I suggested wasn't your aim I'd say to not worry about this now, anyway.

Eh, yeah, I thought the NPCs you were talking about were either allies or enemies. If the target is neither allied (green circle) nor enemy (red circle) then SR's ORS won't do nothing.

Wait a sec...what's preventing me from making it work on neutral characters? :blush: Nothing right? I simply missed this because I never thought about using it against neutral characters (blue circle). I'll provide you a new ORS asap, but neutral characters will surely be allowed to save against it.

Now that I'm here I'll fix Phase Spiders and undtype immunities too.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

Now works against neutral characters too (allowing a save). It can now be used on neutral/allied NPCs without turning them hostile.

kthxbye, just take spwi413.spl from the latest hotfix to try it against neutral characters. Let me know if/how it works.

Spider Spawn

Fixed phase spiders target selection for their teleporting ability. It doesn't teleport to playerx anymore, only to enemies.

For those missing only the last update there's no need to re-install, simply put spidphsu.cre and spidphsu.bcs (contained in the 'spwi4##' folder) into the override.

Undead Type

Undead creatures are once again immune to petrification, though I'm not sure if all of them should. :blush:

For those missing only the last update there's no need to re-install, simply put undtype.itm (contained in the 'shared' folder) into the override.

Some bugs :

enchanted wepons level 4 : still provide only one +3 bullet

secret word : well, even with the fix, this spell is not working at all in my game. ( I got only the casting animation and nothing more)

neutralize poison : don't provide immunity to poison .

Some sugestions :

Imo web remain too powerfull (I refuse myself to use it, and not only in minor sequencer), It could be really more balanced to have this spell work like entangle in a next release :blush:

chaos : with a duration of 10 rounds , this spell is Imo too much powerfull. A character under chaos (especially ennemy) has no chance to go back into "business" and is alsmost dead. This spell is especially very powerfull againt mages. (even a SCS II full prebuff mage can't protect himself from this spell, and chaos make prebuff almost useless )

Vanilla duration for chaos and confusion (5 rounds +1 round/6 niveaux) was already perfect imo for these spell. And Imo, it could be interessing to use this duration for some others spells, especially for spell who let really small chance for ennemy/party to go back into the fight ( hold person/animal, horror, confusion, (maybe also slow and despair) ===> in general, spell with an AoE affecting only ennemy are really powerfull and should have a drawback ( more or less a short duration.).

enchanted wepons level 4 : still provide only one +3 bullet
Strange, I forgot to update it within V3 but my internal file is fine instead. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out, it will be in the next hotfix.

secret word : well, even with the fix, this spell is not working at all in my game. ( I got only the casting animation and nothing more)
I'm lost because it should really work now...I'll try to look into it. Are you using any SCS spell tweak for antimagic attacks?

neutralize poison : don't provide immunity to poison
Am I so stupid? Answer: yes. For some reason 'immunity to poison' opcode isn't there anymore, but 'reduce poison damage' is, thus you won't suffer poison damage but you can be affected by poisons. Will fix in a minute.

Imo web remain too powerfull (I refuse myself to use it, and not only in minor sequencer), It could be really more balanced to have this spell work like entangle in a next release :D
Yeah, I actually agree with you, but we discussed it before the release and decided to not change it for some reason... :blush: It also has some complications like having to change every instance of it, and every ability/spell/item which protects against it, but I'll think about it again when the time comes for v4.

chaos : with a duration of 10 rounds , this spell is Imo too much powerfull. A character under chaos (especially ennemy) has no chance to go back into "business" and is alsmost dead. This spell is especially very powerfull againt mages. (even a SCS II full prebuff mage can't protect himself from this spell, and chaos make prebuff almost useless )

Vanilla duration for chaos and confusion (5 rounds +1 round/6 niveaux) was already perfect imo for these spell. And Imo, it could be interessing to use this duration for some others spells, especially for spell who let really small chance for ennemy/party to go back into the fight ( hold person/animal, horror, confusion, (maybe also slow and despair) ===> in general, spell with an AoE affecting only ennemy are really powerfull and should have a drawback ( more or less a short duration.).

Yeah, I proposed myself to reduce it to 5 rounds but we reverted it at players request. Anyway, I'd reduce it for Chaos yes, but Hold Person/Animal/Monster are already a lot less effective imo because of the very small AoE, aren't they?
Are you using any SCS spell tweak for antimagic attacks?

no.

And Secret Word's description is still that it has a cast time of 1.

Yeah, I proposed myself to reduce it to 5 rounds but we reverted it at players request. Anyway, I'd reduce it for Chaos yes, but Hold Person/Animal/Monster are already a lot less effective imo because of the very small AoE, aren't they?

Well surely chaos (and in a lesser extend confusion) are the most important spell to nerf considering it make a full prebuff mage vulnerable as a mere gnoll.

Any party with only 2 mages can easely defeat an army with only one or two chaos...(

I don't know what the best duration should be. Maybe only 5 rounds will scandalize many players . (but surely it should make many fights more difficult). Maybe 6 round like insect plague ?

Hold Person/Animal/Monster : small AoE yes. But in general, it's to the avantage of the player. ( we all know what spell to use when we see a compact bunch of ennemy. I would vote to test a 8 round duration.. But the problem is not big here, it's really the perfection research ^^ (contrary to confusion and certainly chaos)

ps : if I am not wrong, spell deflexion/turning don't absorb/reflect "hold perso/animal/monsters" (coz of AoE) witch also make these spell pretty good. Futhermore, player can cheat a bit using holdperson/animal/monster on ally ( and moving ally next to compact bunch of monsters or near a mage under improved invisibility, but yes it's almost cheat)

Secret Word

I just tested it again and the spell works fine for me. :thumbsup: Let's try one thing, I'll attach a slightly modified projectile within the hotfix I'm posting within 5 min, put it in the override (no need to re-install) and let me know if it works. I've simply removed 'not affect allies' flag from it which apparently isn't needed as friendly spells almost always use a simple 'not affect self' flag. As far as I know the spell should work in both ways, but let me know.

And Secret Word's description is still that it has a cast time of 1.
Well, it's correct. Secret Word within V3 belongs to Enchantment school, and it's considered almost as a Power Word serie spell.

Edit:

Hotfixes Updated:

Enchanted Weapon: when used to create bullets it now correctly creates 40 of them instead of 1.

Neutralize Poison: added the missing 'immunity to poison' opcode.

Edit:

Hotfixes Updated:

Enchanted Weapon: when used to create bullets it now correctly creates 40 of them instead of 1.

I think you have forgotten to put all the rest of the fixes in your new hotfix. In the hotfix package is only the arcane.tra.

Greetings Leomar

Edit:

Hotfixes Updated:

I think you have forgotten to put all the rest of the fixes in your new hotfix. In the hotfix package is only the arcane.tra.

Greetings Leomar

I don't understand, I've just tried to download the file and everything is there. :thumbsup:

About Secret word : really sorry, but I think it's surely ok. The fact to to see a 1 casting time and no magic projectile animation : I thought it wa sa big problem :/ In fact, the spell has been revisited a bit :thumbsup:

I think I have discovered a minor bug : Symbol of fear is supposed to be substitute by symbol of weakness with SR right ? In my game (whith SCS II) , mages use symbol of fear SPWI899. This spell has no description in NearInfinity but in game it works like a symbol of weakness. it's a bit strange to read " Conster cast symbol of fear "in game while it's in fact a symbol of weakness.

Maybe the same problem can occurs for some others symbol or spell ?

Sorry but just to try to understand a bit how SR works (I am totally noob at modding) , can you say me why spells SPWI897 and SPWI899 have no description ? And why SPWI898 got a unchanged description ?

Secret Word

About Secret word : really sorry, but I think it's surely ok. The fact to to see a 1 casting time and no magic projectile animation : I thought it wa sa big problem :/ In fact, the spell has been revisited a bit :thumbsup:
There's no projectile because the spell uses a Power Word-like animation. I'm very satisfied with what we end up doing with this spell (it's much more than a simple restyle, but at the same time we haven't upset its original features at all), I hope you like it too. ;)

Symbols

I think I have discovered a minor bug : Symbol of fear is supposed to be substitute by symbol of weakness with SR right ? In my game (whith SCS II) , mages use symbol of fear SPWI899. This spell has no description in NearInfinity but in game it works like a symbol of weakness. it's a bit strange to read " Conster cast symbol of fear "in game while it's in fact a symbol of weakness.

Maybe the same problem can occurs for some others symbol or spell ?

Sorry but just to try to understand a bit how SR works (I am totally noob at modding) , can you say me why spells SPWI897 and SPWI899 have no description ? And why SPWI898 got a unchanged description ?

Well, well, well...

These symbols spells (spwi897/898/899) are actually innate versions of the respective "original" spells. In theory they should be used only by very few powerful creatures like demons or death knights, thus I really don't know why a "common" mage with SCS should use them rather then memorizing the normal symbols available to players.

That being said, I've modified them too just to make sure they match one another, but you're right about the Weakness one, I'll make sure it get renamed correctly within the next hotfix.

Changing their descriptions don't matter much because you'll never see them in-game (for the aforementioned reasons) but it wouldn't be a problem for me to add/replace them either.

I don't understand, I've just tried to download the file and everything is there. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, I've downloaded the file today and all is there. I don't know, why I've got an archive only with the arcane.tra...

But now, all is fine. ;)

Greetings Leomar

I'm not sure whether this is intended or not, but Spell Revisions currently removes RINGDEMN.ITM from DEMGLASU.CRE and DEMPITSU.CRE. This causes some issues with aTweaks' upcoming component as it negates the demons' innate resistances.

Also, the flickering application of Prot. from Evil 10' radius may slightly disrupt the AI of summoned demons in aTweaks and possibly even in the unmodded game. Basically, there seems to be a split second between two applications of the spell which is sometimes enough for a summoned demon to notice the party.

Archived