Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3

Demivrgvs

This guy here seems to have DVENAXE popping up in his inventory :) Some kinda spell residue?? It'd be great if you could have a look :)
Mmm...that guy has really too many mods! I'd need him to check what mods may have altered the item (dvenaxe) or spell (spwi430) because the default files seem fine (identical to all other .itm/.spl files used by Enchanted Weapon outstandingly huge revision :) ).

Hotfixes updated.

Temporary SCS fix: SCS erroneously patches summoned glabrezu and pit fiend causing them to be completely immune to magic. I've added a block in their scripts to "fix" this.

Enchanted Weapon: I've renamed all spl files to improve compatibility in a Mega Mod installation.

Magic Circle Against Evil: very small change to improve compatibility with the upcoming aVENGER's Revised Fiends.

NOTE: for those who need only the SCS fix (and know what they do) simply put dvglabre.bcs, and dvpitsu.bcs in the override.

NOTE: for those who need only the SCS fix (and know what they do) simply put dvglabre.bcs, and dvpitsu.bcs in the override.
Is that really the wisest advice, as I would advice making a .baf and a designated hotfix .tp2 file that makes the correct adjustment, as the .bcs is already code referenced file, and the references are based on your currently installed game, so if the players install order is not the exact same one you have, the action triggers and actions can be totally off as their reference numbers can differ a lot.
Is that really the wisest advice, as I would advice making a .baf and a designated hotfix .tp2 file that makes the correct adjustment, as the .bcs is already code referenced file, and the references are based on your currently installed game, so if the players install order is not the exact same one you have, the action triggers and actions can be totally off as their reference numbers can differ a lot.

For v4 I'll use baf files, but for now I really can't imagine anything wrong about replacing the custom bcs files which are exclusively used by SR. Take a look at the scripts and you'll see there's nothing there that can be altered depending on install order.

For v4 I'll use baf files, but for now I really can't imagine anything wrong about replacing the custom bcs files which are exclusively used by SR. Take a look at the scripts and you'll see there's nothing there that can be altered depending on install order.

For the sake of it: Will this require a reinsstallation or just copy/paste?

For the sake of it: Will this require a reinsstallation or just copy/paste?
Demi says that you only need to overwrite the files, so no reinstallation needed.

This made me ask :

(and know what they do)
:)
:) I simply intended that such suggestions are for players who know what "put it in the override" mean. :)
Guest deducter

In my current game, I'm playing with Taisha and in Ch. 6, she got enough exp for her first HLA and I picked summon planetar. The spell description is the SR one, but when I cast the spell it just summoned a vanilla planetar. What might be causing the problem?

In my current game, I'm playing with Taisha and in Ch. 6, she got enough exp for her first HLA and I picked summon planetar. The spell description is the SR one, but when I cast the spell it just summoned a vanilla planetar. What might be causing the problem?
You mean it uses vanilla's animation or the whole vanilla's creature (statistics, spells, ...)?

The new avatars are not automatically implemented by the main component anymore, you have to install the relative optional one.

Considering I override vanilla's cre file I really don't know how you can get vanilla's creatures with SR installed...if that's the case you probably have a mod installed after SR which somehow reverts the changes back.

Temporary SCS fix: SCS erroneously patches summoned glabrezu and pit fiend causing them to be completely immune to magic. I've added a block in their scripts to "fix" this.

Catching up belatedly with this: it's not something I'm doing "erroneously", it's quite deliberate, and it doesn't cause immunity to magic on an SCSII-only install. It's just causing a compatibility problem because SR's not allowing for the temporary magic item that SCSII gives to demons. I assume your hotfix adds something like

IF
HasItem("dw#sumfi",Myself)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DestroyItem("dw#sumfi")
	Continue()
END

(the same block as occurs in all SCSII fiend scripts) in which case the easiest way to ensure compatibility is for you to include this block in future releases of SR.

Catching up belatedly with this: it's not something I'm doing "erroneously", it's quite deliberate, and it doesn't cause immunity to magic on an SCSII-only install. It's just causing a compatibility problem because SR's not allowing for the temporary magic item that SCSII gives to demons. I assume your hotfix adds something like

IF
  HasItem("dw#sumfi",Myself)
 THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	  DestroyItem("dw#sumfi")
	  Continue()
 END

(the same block as occurs in all SCSII fiend scripts) in which case the easiest way to ensure compatibility is for you to include this block in future releases of SR.

Yep, I did exactly that, and I'll keep such block there forever. :thumbsup:

Just that I'm here I'll update the hotfix anytime soon with two things:

1) a re-build of Enchanted Weapon for mega-mod install (the previous fix was fine in case of a fresh install, but not fine for those re-installing it over a previous install) - is that right Mike? :)

2) as aVENGER noticed Wish's Mass Breach affected summoned allies turning them hostile. I've fixed this, but I also think Mass Breach could use two more tweaks:

- make it work as per SCS/SR Breach -> not bypass Spell Protections

- set its power level to 9 -> count as a 9th lvl spell instead of 5th

Is there any other thing I should include in the hotfix? :hm:

P.S David, does this sound better? "SCS patches summoned glabrezu and pit fiend to make them temporary unattackable during gate's animation, but SR's custom scripts didn't know about it, and the result was that fiends were permanently immune. I've added a block in their scripts to "fix" this."

1) a re-build of Enchanted Weapon for mega-mod install (the previous fix was fine in case of a fresh install, but not fine for those re-installing it over a previous install) - is that right Mike? :thumbsup:

No, it didn't work in either case because the files we were trying to rename were inside a folder that was being copied in its entirety, so extracting the hotfix would just cause users to have both the old files and the new files copied over, and the goal was to prevent the old files from being copied over. But it should work now.

1) a re-build of Enchanted Weapon for mega-mod install (the previous fix was fine in case of a fresh install, but not fine for those re-installing it over a previous install) - is that right Mike? :thumbsup:
No, it didn't work in either case because the files we were trying to rename were inside a folder that was being copied in its entirety, so extracting the hotfix would just cause users to have both the old files and the new files copied over, and the goal was to prevent the old files from being copied over. But it should work now.

Oh, you're right...I was looking at my folder where I removed the old files. Anyway, I suppose you've downloaded it and checked if I did it right this time. :hm:

P.S And few minutes after the update I've one more fix that I'd like to add asap: make hostile Nishruu/Hakeashar vulnerable to Dispel Magic as per aVENGER's aTweaks.

Archived