Flame Arrow can kill the protagonist accidently!

Icendoan

Using SR v3, the cutscene as you escape Irenicus' Dungeon, he casts Flame Arrow, which because of the awesome multitargetting, can hit and possibly kill your PC if your PC has low HP and gets bad rolls. (Can easily kill or greviously wound my Assassin with 50HP)

Icen

It has already been reported yes...the arrows now aim multiple targets and thus the party can be hit by one or more of them.

I suppose Irenicus is already a 20+ lvl mage there and cast 5 arrows. The first will always hit the shadow thief while the other 4 arrows (4d6 damage each, save half) can hit any of his enemies.

If this end up being a real issue I can try to think about a solution... ???

Messing with the cutscene, applying minHP1 to the Protagonist while inside the cutscene would work, I think. Or just two spells which do the same, if they don't have an item slot. (One with minimum HP 1 at the start, and one removing the previous at the end)

Icen

Well, I wanted to test it myself but installing Tweak Pack's 'Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams' is actually a solution itself because Irenicus doesn't cast any Flame Arrow at all. :thumbsup:

EDIT: or, if possible, have Flame Arrow be party-sensitive - according to D&D, the mage can choose its targets.
I cannot do it. Actually I could, but it would make the spell unusable within sequencers, and AI scripts wouldn't be able to handle a spell which requires multiple targeting.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

But I had a similiar issue in Aran Linvail's HQ while watching the trainee's battle on the platforms. Two of my party members were hit by their flame arrows.

I'm using Spell Revisions v3 with hotfixes from around 5th May 2010.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

But I had a similiar issue in Aran Linvail's HQ while watching the trainee's battle on the platforms. Two of my party members were hit by their flame arrows.

I'm using Spell Revisions v3 with hotfixes from around 5th May 2010.

Well, "hit" is better than "killed". :) But aren't those thieves supposed to use bows and arrows? :hm:

Anyway, I really need to sort this issue out. I don't know why they used "real spells" instead of fake ones for "cinematics" (nor why you're considered an hostile target during them ??? ), but a solution may be to tweak the script in order to use Melf Acid Arrows instead Flame Arrow.

Archived