Angelo's Quest (SPOILERS)

Athos

I kept the sword, killed the megalomaniac bastard, and Suu went back to Kara-Tur. So far, so good...

but now I'm back in Amn and my journal was not updated. It still says I have to get the sword in the goverment district. Is this normal?

Also, I found this finger joint in Sawara's chest and have no idea what it is.

I'm worried that something went wrong sometime during the battle or afterwards and the quest was not completed (or did not went to the next stage, I don't know what comes now). This happened earlier in this same quest (the journal not updating) because I skiped a line too fast when I was returning the money from the black lotus (which I also kept).

Help! Please? :p

EDIT: nevermind, Ginpachi showed up and everything is as it's meant to be, I think ??? Impatient me :D

Ah, good ??? If I recall correctly, the journal doesn't update until you meet Ginpachi, so everything does seem fine. The quest continues in ToB, and you should find a use for that finger joint :p

Really...(in case anyone else is reading this in spite of the spoiler warning) I may have said this before, but I regret making the fight with Sawara so difficult. I meant it to be a sort of optional fight (on the grounds that I don't think every confrontation has to end in violence), but killing him is clearly the Good thing to do, and you miss out on extra content if you don't. In any case, I'm glad most people seem to have managed to get around the fight.

I kept the sword, killed the megalomaniac bastard, and Suu went back to Kara-Tur. So far, so good...

but now I'm back in Amn and my journal was not updated. It still says I have to get the sword in the goverment district. Is this normal?

Also, I found this finger joint in Sawara's chest and have no idea what it is.

I'm worried that something went wrong sometime during the battle or afterwards and the quest was not completed (or did not went to the next stage, I don't know what comes now). This happened earlier in this same quest (the journal not updating) because I skiped a line too fast when I was returning the money from the black lotus (which I also kept).

Help! Please? :party:

EDIT: nevermind, Ginpachi showed up and everything is as it's meant to be, I think :D Impatient me :party:

I believe I've read this on another thread, but Insect Plague do make the whole fight incredibly easier :party: And with Korgan making sure Sawara didn't pull out any funny tricks, I didn't find the battle difficult at all. Perhaps if Suu was doing what assassins do instead of just watching it would've been harder.

(but, then again, this party of mine is having a hard time finding a real challenge... Kangaxx died, just now, with a single blow from Anomen's mace of disruption ??? Let's see if Shangalar fares any better :p )

Ah, and Lilith enjoyed very much being able to share some ilicit moments with Angelo. Nice touch :D

All good to know :party:

[major spoilers]

Come to think of it, there's a number of things I rather regret Re: Sawara...for one thing, my Japanophilia has cooled to near-normal levels, and at the time I didn't realize how overplayed a lot of this stuff was. Of course, it's supposed to play on known conventions, but nonetheless...

And then there's the whole deal with Sawara and Suu as the erotic Asian female/emasculated Asian male stereotype. Sawara of course isn't emasculated, he's quite virile; but his bisexuality means he can't satisfy Suu, so she turns on him, and acts seductive toward the PC. All of this is consistent character-wise, but the subtext is there if you want to see it. I would write something substantially different if I could do it over. Nonetheless, I was vaguely aware of this stereotype at the time, and recall being a little proud of Angelo for being a "sexy Asian male" (if only half of one)...

I believe I've read this on another thread, but Insect Plague do make the whole fight incredibly easier :party: And with Korgan making sure Sawara didn't pull out any funny tricks, I didn't find the battle difficult at all. Perhaps if Suu was doing what assassins do instead of just watching it would've been harder.

(but, then again, this party of mine is having a hard time finding a real challenge... Kangaxx died, just now, with a single blow from Anomen's mace of disruption ??? Let's see if Shangalar fares any better :p )

Ah, and Lilith enjoyed very much being able to share some ilicit moments with Angelo. Nice touch :D

Archived