Problems installing "Improved Shade Lord" and "Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting"

White Agnus

Hi,

we got the following Error, if we install the "Improved Shade Lord" and "Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting" components:

[scsii/misc/dw#proun.spl] loaded, 202 bytes
ERROR: [scsii/misc/dw#proun.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Char.chr"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved Shade Lord], rolling back to previous state
[scsII/backup/7000/UNSETSTR.7000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   8 files for [SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 7000.

[scsii/misc/dw#proun.spl] loaded, 202 bytes
ERROR: [scsii/misc/dw#proun.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Char.chr"))

ERROR Installing [Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting], rolling back to previous state
[scsII/backup/7071/UNSETSTR.7071] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  23 files for [SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 7071.

I've watched over the dw#proun.spl but can't find something...

Regards

White Agnus

€ditH: Here are the weid.log, a changelog of dw#proun.spl (empty) and the dw#proun.spl from the installation

I don't have the patience for free-but-lots-of-advertising download sites, sorry. Post the weidu.log directly if you want me to have a look.

(You're getting very weird errors that I don't get on my install, so I imagine it's either a corrupted install or some odd combination of mods.)

(You're getting very weird errors that I don't get on my install, so I imagine it's either a corrupted install or some odd combination of mods.)

I can only say that i dont get any of those either.

I know that you hate me already for bothering ya will all the buggs, but since i'll make another run (for my tactics guide sake) i might aswell write down what i find in v11 too (in another thread if there are 10+)

For now, one minor thing that is still here.

- Instalation : "Add high level abilities to ToB priests" has a typo in 2nd option "All ToB priests who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs"

I can only say that i dont get any of those either.

I know that you hate me already for bothering ya will all the buggs, but since i'll make another run (for my tactics guide sake) i might aswell write down what i find in v11 too (in another thread if there are 10+)

For now, one minor thing that is still here.

- Instalation : "Add high level abilities to ToB priests" has a typo in 2nd option "All ToB priests who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs"

Oops. That's like the 10th time I've forgotten to fix that. (& no, I don't mind the bug reports at all; quite the reverse.)

I don't have the patience for free-but-lots-of-advertising download sites, sorry. Post the weidu.log directly if you want me to have a look.

It isn't my installatio, I only report that issue... ???

The weidu.log is too long...

I've uploaded it at my bplaced site: http://whiteagnus.bplaced.net/filemanager/...Issue/WeiDU.log

How many entries are in msectype.2da when this happens?

I suspect that there is a "WRITE_BYTE value", where value is outside the normal byte range.

/Edit: Or better, upload the msectype.2da to your place -- maybe the WeiDU 2DA functions are returning wrong values.

OK, looking at that modlist, your best bet is to ask at SHS - I don't know enough about megamod installations to troubleshoot anything that complicated.
Well, White Agnus is actually one of the Megamod regulars in the German boards, so... it's just a warning that something might have been wrong.
OK, looking at that modlist, your best bet is to ask at SHS - I don't know enough about megamod installations to troubleshoot anything that complicated.
Well, White Agnus is actually one of the Megamod regulars in the German boards, so... it's just a warning that something might have been wrong.

Not sure I understand, sorry.

As far as megamods are concerned, my position is that it's way too time-consuming for me to find out which of 50+ mods is running into problems with SCSII. If someone says "SCSII fails to install when I have mod X installed", I might have a look.

A very sensible position.

I think the BWP people just wanted to report the issue, not knowing what might causing this.

By the way, I received the msectype.2da and I can tell you that it's definitely the huge number of entries in that file that is causing this problem. (It exceeds the byte range, and WRITE_BYTE fails accordingly.)

You just got unlucky that SCSII is the mod that adds entry #257. ???

Is there any info on which mod does this, fills all fields in msectype? I suspect the reason for doing so was a noble one, much like creating an empty moraleai.ids so that dltcep doesn't grumble on it's absense, but in reality it will prevent mods from introducing custom sectypes, and it is a serious issue that's better be solved asap.

Change-log for msectype.2da would be the most appreciated.

Archived