When are you going to play Dragon Age?

Domi

My finances kinda suck too, but the bigger roadblock is a *big* work load for the next 8 months, sooo... I really should buy *or* play it, but... I really wanna! ??? I've been having a little fun on my break with the character creation program they've launched, and now I just want to take my little children out and hack at evil critters... *chuckles* Curse those geniuses at marketing!

I will play it in a few months/years when I get a computer that can run the darned thing.

More resolution ftw.:p

I'll buy it when it's released. Interested in seeing what is so amazing about the game that pushed the devs to go ahead and finish it. ???

Mass Effect 2 on the other hand...that's already pre-ordered.

Sounds like it's about to be released, like within weeks now. So, are you a lucky one who can play it straight off the shelf, or you will have to make time later in the year?
I'm currently targeting Summer/Fall 2011. Luckily, I can put off Mass Effect until they finish the trilogy and not feel bad at all.

I have the CE on pre-order, but I still have tons of old games to do, and I can only bear about 36 hours of Windows a year.

And then StarCraft II and Diablo III are going to be out, and it's going to be a lot easier for those to jump out and say YOU MUST PLAY ME RIGHT NOW than shitty RPGs with their shitty bugs and their shitty typos and all the shitty mods that you have to juggle so you're not playing an ass game that you don't want to have to play hundreds of times just for that one playthrough that maybe hopefully doesn't turn out like a fat turd stain halfway through after all your waste of life to get to that point yet again.

Heh, I am off the hook on Mass Effect, as I decided from the start I want to play the full trilogy. I am actually thinking that maybe instead of going to some all-inclusive, I will take a few days off during my husband's winter break, and we'll just play Dragon Age together, and maybe finally KOTOR 2.....

Sounds like it's about to be released, like within weeks now. So, are you a lucky one who can play it straight off the shelf, or you will have to make time later in the year?
I'm currently targeting Summer/Fall 2011. Luckily, I can put off Mass Effect until they finish the trilogy and not feel bad at all.

I have the CE on pre-order, but I still have tons of old games to do, and I can only bear about 36 hours of Windows a year.

And then StarCraft II and Diablo III are going to be out, and it's going to be a lot easier for those to jump out and say YOU MUST PLAY ME RIGHT NOW than shitty RPGs with their shitty bugs and their shitty typos and all the shitty mods that you have to juggle so you're not playing an ass game that you don't want to have to play hundreds of times just for that one playthrough that maybe hopefully doesn't turn out like a fat turd stain halfway through after all your waste of life to get to that point yet again.

Heh.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Diablo, really. Probably because I discovered BG first. As for Starcraft..I'm a terrible strategy game player.

I am so far behind that I still have to do modded NWN2, have not finished a memorable modded run of NWN, and am waiting for Mass Effect to close up and then be on a "gold" compilation just like devSin. I am looking at this spring for picking up KOTOR/KOTOR2 as a sequence, and possibly waiting until about July before trying Dragon Age. StarCraft The Next Generation is a must-have that I will need to wait on for a bit; loved the original, but my 4X + Tactics fix is currently locked up with Civ4-BTS, X3 - TC, and heavily modded R:TW. And when I just want to clobber things, modded JA2 fits the bill. (I have to pick up GalCiv's latest incarnation, too, as the last time I really remember playing it was when Wardell released it for OS2). Then there is the pile of older games in the closet, taunting me, saying "come on, just one more trade run, Elite - you know you want to mount a VM to run me one more time..."

So many games... I think I need to retire 15 years early and start playing now. Or win the lottery. I suppose I would have to play it to win it, though. But I think Dragon Age will bump up to right after KOTOR if the game lives up to 40% of the marketing.

If my 1GB RAM & GF6100 Go notebook will run it as tolerable as it did NWN2, I'll play DA till Christmas. Otherwise I'll wait for indefinite amount of time.

In other words it'll all depend on how low graphics can be turned down.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Diablo, really. Probably because I discovered BG first. As for Starcraft..I'm a terrible strategy game player.

Hubby had Diablo before BG, and I thought it was boring as hell. Then he brought home BG1, and I was immediately hooked!

I liked the atmosphere in Diablo demo ??? . "The smell of death surrounds me..." also, "Fresh meat!" :p . I didn't find it interesting enought to buy the full version, though.

As for Dragon Age...

I think in 4-6 years, when I'll be able to buy a comp that will be able to run it for a reasonable price.

Anyway, I'm still modding BG2, so I'm not really interested.

Okay, I just booked the first week of January 'off'! By whatever reason, my hubby thought that spending a week in front of fire place, munching on the leftover cookies, sipping cider, playing games we hadn't chance to play in the past 3 years and watching Battlestar Galactica, while the child is in the daycare beats all-inclusive.... Gods, it sounds like I might just play Dragon Age!

Archived