Amber romance stopped...

Guest Droo

Hi, I think the romance aspect of my amber mod isn't progressing. However, I don't know how to use cluaconsole to show my current lovetalk with the mod. How can I help you give me more info to help solve this problem?

Well, I also have Auren Aspeh, who is romancing Nalia, and Sarah the ranger. I don't think I'm in a relationship with any of them.

While telling me the LD values, I don't know what I have to plug those numbers into. I assume something in cluaconsole, but I don't know what to type.

Thanks.

Okay, she's interested in me and our LD is at 52.

The next lovetak has special conditions. Talk to Amber and ask how she's doing ("How are you doing, Amber?"). She should give you a hint how to meet those conditions. The same applies to all taks that have special conditions. If there's an unusually long silence, just ask and she will tell you what to do.

Okay, so I talked to Amber, and she said she wanted to sleep outside. I went over to the Windspear hills, beat some of Firkraag's dungeon, went outside (it was night), and slept. Then, I waited in place for seventeen hours, game-time. Two other things on a timer happened (one relating to the Ranger stronghold, the other was an Auren/ Nalia/ Sara conversation), but Amber did not speak to me.

What gives?

She didn't ask to speak with you during her watch?

If not then it sounds like something is definitally not right .... I've never had that encounter in Windspear Hills, I always went with the Imnesvale wilderness or the wilderness on the outskurts of the de'Arnise keep. I would guess its coded for any outdoor wildernes area but I'm not sure. Might be worth trying somewhere else or maby not right outside the dungeon door.

Thanks.

Okay, she's interested in me and our LD is at 52.

Hmm... What's this now after you tried sleeping outside? If it's suddenly 53, try asking her again how she's doing and then sleep outdoors at night again. Talks triggered at rest sometimes get stuck, but asking Amber how she's doing should set things back in order. Windspear Hills should be okay, just like any other wilderness area (outside D'Arnise Keep, Druid Grove, Umar Hills, restored Shadow Temple and the two forest areas revealed after you exit Underdark).

Does asking Amber how she's doing work as a self corrector as well as giving you hints? Or is there some other built in way to get her to correct if something is amiss?

Just wondering as I have really never had serious technical issues with Amber.

Does asking Amber how she's doing work as a self corrector as well as giving you hints?

Yes, if talks occurring upon resting get stuck because of another nocturnal event colliding with them. If you load an old save in a new game setup and get messed up name and soundset, selecting Amber and pressing SHIFT-k will fix that.

Does asking Amber how she's doing work as a self corrector as well as giving you hints?

Yes, if talks occurring upon resting get stuck because of another nocturnal event colliding with them. If you load an old save in a new game setup and get messed up name and soundset, selecting Amber and pressing SHIFT-k will fix that.

Thanks, thats good to know.

Archived