Perfect BG Style Coran, revised Kivan and Branwen

Guest Guest

*Shrugs*, Coran and Kivan were supposed to be elves, so they should have refined features was what I believed (the original Kivan *was* nice I said, just too human looking in my opinion and Coran looked... :) ), Branwen was just for fun in the off-chance that I might want to try the romance and I thought Safana looked out of character.

Discovered photo-editing a month or two ago, found it interesting and thought: why shouldn't I try messing with the portraits that always bugged me each time I played through Baldur's Gate? And here you see the results.

I edited them so that they would look more in-character (for me anyway) is all. Just so happens that the original were ugly. I'm not really intent on making them look cuter or whatever, if there was an npc with a charisma of say...3 and the look of supermodel, I'd have mangled it to actually look ugly.

Anyways, the above were all that I had a problem with, you won't see me messing around with any more of the BG1 portraits, unless someone can convince me that there is a nother portrait that looks "wrong"

Coran has turned into a beatiful? girl! Woa!  ;)

Honestly, Brawnen is by far your best portrait you have made....i don´t know if Faldorn is yours too. In quality terms, of course.

Kivan new portrait is not better at all, IMO, and i suppose tweaked Brawnen is inspired in Claudia Shiffer.

All your portraits are softened versions of the original ones, i can´t understand why are you so obsessed with make them more "cute" and refined  ....Forgotten Worlds are not Melrose Place IMO.

Yes, Faldorn's is XVIII as well. I have requested an alternative version of Faldorn concept whoch fits better with BG1 texts about her, that call her "girl" and her biography which place her a step above coming of age. I wrote her as a very young very determined and very wild 16 yo, so while I never had problems with her original portrait I thought it maybe interesting to see a variation.

Well, I think XVIII follows BG2 trend that made the cast much more spectacular than in BG2 and in case of elves especially I think it was warranted. Though, like I said I do prefer other Coran :) This one maybe how Namara would look like one day :D

The portraits by XVIII are certainly a very welcome optional component and I like the atmosphere they create at the forum - brighter one :)

Anyways, the above were all that I had a problem with, you won't see me messing around with any more of the BG1 portraits, unless someone can convince me that there is a nother portrait that looks "wrong"

An intersting looking germano-slavic mage for Dynaheir would be a treat :)

Don´t get me wrong, XVIII, i think 3 of your edited portraits are wonderful in quality terms, i´m just talking about P&P issues that i find on them.

ps: Brawnen, Faldorn and Viconia are amazingly well made. I mean, they are not pixelated, diluted, thinned, too lopsided, too brighter or darkened, etc

Archived