Arrows of Dispelling

Guest Guest

Demi and David, if you want I can easily modify the arrows of dispelling in my current run (never used them yet, I've just finished the cloakwood mines) so that they will dispel with a fixed % since it's an easy change, and safe to do even with a running game, to betatest the change. Just tell me the % and the revised cost if you're interested. :blush:

I'd go for a fixed 20-25% of dispelling, but I'm clueless about the price.

Demi and David, if you want I can easily modify the arrows of dispelling in my current run (never used them yet, I've just finished the cloakwood mines) so that they will dispel with a fixed % since it's an easy change, and safe to do even with a running game, to betatest the change. Just tell me the % and the revised cost if you're interested. :blush:

I'd go for a fixed 20-25% of dispelling, but I'm clueless about the price.

Sure, 25% sounds worth trying. I would leave the price alone: if they're overpowered, it follows that the price was too low for what they previously did.

Please, could someone tell me what is the vanilla price of the arrows of dispelling? Without modifying the price I've just bought 50 of those from Sorcerous Sundies at a bit more than 250gp for a stock of 5, so 50 arrows for no more than 3000gp.

I don't know if it is I who remembered their vanilla price too high, but I was sure those were ten times more expensive or so? (Their price can actually be modified by any of the mods I've installed, but I have no time to check right now.)

Vanilla price for Arrow of Dispelling - 1680 GP (per arrow :blush:)
Vanilla my CHEESE, they cost 300gp in vanilla BGII - ToB, Near Infinity price.

Same with the BGI- TotSC, Near Infinity price.

The price also depends on the percentile price rate the seller gives you, and if someone puts the Sorcerous Sundies selling price to 15%, the arrow indeed costs only 252gp per arrow even with the normal reputation/CHA, if their price was 1680gp per arrow.

Damn, and I thought they were overpowered when I was sure you had to pay 2000 each arrow. o.o"

Actually, my Sorcerous Sundries have a single arrow of slaying for 3600gp so I think it's not a selling price %/cha/rep issue.

I think some mod changed the price of those arrows, as I had bought them on stacks of 5 (not one by one) at ~250gp each stack - 50gp each arrow. Tomorrow I'll changelog the arrows and see to it, as they are really cheap in my game.

Item Revisions affects their price for example. As Jarno says in vanilla the price was 300gp for each arrow while with IR they cost 40gp each. I use a sort of standard table to determine item's value, but in this case lowering their price wasn't a great idea perhaps. :blush:

Thinking about it I know realize what misleaded me...I considered the on hit effect a 3rd lvl spell, but it actually is INSANELY more powerful than 3rd lvl Dispel Magic. :D

Vanilla my CHEESE
Whoops :blush: I just picked out those values from DanSimpson's BGI-TotSC walkthrough :p (since kthxbye said Sorcerous Sundries :D)

Maybe Dan-san was playin an evil party with a highly charismatic leader :D (or with some mod :p)

Checked using NI ... but these are just "Price" ... AFAIK "Buying" and "Selling" prices are different

Vanilla BGI - 300

Vanilla BGII - 300

BWP8 BGII - 40 (just like Demivrgvs said :D shouldn't it have been affected by the store price components of Aurora though?? :mwaha:)

(Btw, I hear store prices also get affected by whether you HAVE the item in your inventory when you buy it ... for extreme Iron-Crisis simulation action!!! :devil:)

Cheers,

Lol

Thinking about it I know realize what misleaded me...I considered the on hit effect a 3rd lvl spell, but it actually is INSANELY more powerful than 3rd lvl Dispel Magic. :blush:

Something to do for you then: restore the vanilla price.

Now that we are looking at it, :blush: , I would say that the 40 gp could be a good price for the regular Arrows of Dispelling(or 300gp) the one that casts a 'normal' 1 creature affecting dispel spell that gives a save throw... but there could be room for better arrow of the kind, say Arrows of the Mage Slayer, it wouldn't be affected by Mirror Image or the kind and wouldn't give a save, it's price would be high, like say 5000gp per arrow. There could even be a room for a middle one, an arrow that gives a high level mage a save(save vs. magic at -5) or dispel the protections.

About the normal Arrow of Slayer(price 2500 gp :D ), does anyone actually use these, as to my taste, they are way too pricey, as I wouldn't pay more than 50 gp from one, and they would need to be able to kill all the Ogres, Ogrillons, Half Ogres, Ogre Mages, Orogs and Orog Elites and perhaps give very small save (save vs. magic at -5).

Having different quality of dispelling arrows seems good to me. Actually, even the cheapest one won't care about Mirror Image as far as I know anyway. The dispel effect will kick in even if the arrow hits an illusion.

I have never used arrow of slayer, since fighting Ogre Magis is actually easy without SCS, and with SCS I usually beat them using summoned creatures. I may think of using that arrow for the 5 magis fight with SCS installed - problem is, I never get to use arrows against mages since my whole party always gets confused in the first round, and as soon as the mages have no spells left I don't care anymore about their protections since they will melee my characters at most, so I can easily wait. Same with magis I think.

Archived