OC Ending Problem

Kelryn

Are you still using the Bishop Romance as opposed to the NWN2 OC Romance Pack? If that's the case, you should delete the Bishop Romance instead. Everything that's in the Bishop Romance is also contained in the Romance Pack, so you will lose nothing. The Romance Pack corrects a couple of bugs in the Bishop Romance, as well.

Guest Astereal

I'm honestly not sure which one I have although I think it was the romance pack that was installed since I have everything with Casavir and Gann and all that

Ah, I see. Your friend removed the files from the FP outer folder and installed them separately. Delete *all* of them. It may be necessary to remove the "Read Only" protection, but there are instructions above for that.

After you do that, you should be able to go ahead with the directions above. Seriously, the hardest part of this whole process is deleting the files. After that, it should be easy for you.

Um... hello. Could you please just say here, what influence do you need to have this... positive ending?

I'm playing your (really wonderfull) romance right now and have just ocasionally read this tread and this

As for getting the new ending with Bishop, you need a super-high influence with him, the kind not normally attainable without either completely alienating most of the rest of your party or using the console to increase it.

...and now I can't sleep and even play NWN normally - all I can think of when I read dialogues or go into battle is what if all this is in vain already, because I've missed some influence gainings wth Bishop. Really, I don't want to cheat and we are getting along with Bish pretty well, but I know that I don't use all the oportunities to get influence with him, being good first of all. So all I can do is to treat him nicely, support him where I think he is right and count the influence manually. And... I had quite a feeling that everything is going well, as it should be, but... Now I read this and it put me in panic.

So please, could you clearify it a bit and write here the real number which we need? I'm not even sure what will I do if it's too big, but at least will be able to play the game as before... and I'm somewhy sure I won't be the only one to use it.

Thanks...

Unfortunately, I don't have access to my NWN2-capable computer right now, and won't for a few more days. Can somebody else help her out?

If you're determined to get that ending, you can always boost his influence with the console. You would open it up by hitting the ~ key, enter, and typing in DebugMode(1), enter, and rs_kr_influence. That will open up a dialogue window that will allow you to check and adjust all of your companions' influence, but you're going to have to hit ~ again to be able to use it.

Navigate to "Bishop" and increase it until you get to 100, and that will enable you to get any influence you want with him. Yes, I know this is cheating, but if this is going to prevent you from enjoying the game, maybe a few rules can be bent.

Just make sure you turn the console off again when you're done. To do that, hit ~ again, type in DebugMode(0), enter, and then ~ again.

Archived