BG2, higher hp installed but not working?

Guest dfn

Hi,

I installed the higher HP cheat so that on level up, my character gets max hit points. I just went from level 9 to 10 (Kensai), and only received 3 hit points (135-->138).

How do I change this so the option I installed actually takes effect? BG2 Tweakpack is the last mod I installed.

This is a line from my Weidu log:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v8

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I installed the higher HP cheat so that on level up, my character gets max hit points. I just went from level 9 to 10 (Kensai), and only received 3 hit points (135-->138).

How do I change this so the option I installed actually takes effect? BG2 Tweakpack is the last mod I installed.

Well, actually you are getting exactly the ammount you should. It's the BG2's rules that you'll gain 3 hit point per level after the 9th level if you are warrior, 2 hit points after the 9th level if you are a priest/monk and druids, the mages will get 1 hit point on levels after 10th, as do the rogues but they gain 2 hit points.

This makes the level system a little more balanced.

Of course you can custom make your hpxxx.2da files to your desire, you just overwrite the numbers in the table, and then put it to the override folder. You should see that the only little change the Tweakpack actually does is that it removes the randomness, so it moves the Dice number and adds that to the Modifier.

After you have installed the mod, the files you are looking for are already in your override folder unless you have already biffed them among the other files...

You should only change the tables knowing that in a way, you are in fact cheating...

Does the higher HP component also work with added creatures ? (cre in override) ?
Without looking at the code, I would say that the Tweakpacks higher HP should work with the NPCs(but definitely not the other creatures), but if it doesn't, once you level up the NPC, it definitely will.
Does the higher HP component also work with added creatures ? (cre in override) ?

There are two different HP components. See here. The first one (which is being discussed in this topic) only affects party members and only adjusts how much they gain upon levelling up. It doesn't modify any CRE files. The second one adjusts the total HP values of all CRE files. You can choose if you want its effect to be limited to joinable NPCs, limited to non-joinable NPCs, or applied across the board.

I will test but It seems to me that some creatures added by mods gain no extra HP even with the component providing extra HP for all CRE files. (especially some cre from spell revisions)

I will test but It seems to me that some creatures added by mods gain no extra HP even with the component providing extra HP for all CRE files. (especially some cre from spell revisions)

Ah, well it only adjusts the HP values of creatures that use player classes (Fighter, Cleric, etc.) and not monster classes. It calculates a new HP total based on their # of levels in these classes, and gives them this new HP if it's higher than their old HP.

As for Spell Revisions, I'm not sure how Demi calculates HP for summoned creatures of various hit dice (average rolls? max?), but if you pop him a question in the SR forum, he should be able to provide more information. If you can come up with a specific list of creatures and their HD info, it would be fairly easy to create a minimod that ensures they have maximum HP.

Archived