Hi.

Loké

Nice to see you around again. :blush:

I get urges to bake but I'm not allowed to anymore because the second the food goes in the oven it is forgotten due to me getting sucked up in a game....

As for what's been going on, we have several cool mods being worked on. :D

Nice to see you around again. :blush:

I get urges to bake but I'm not allowed to anymore because the second the food goes in the oven it is forgotten due to me getting sucked up in a game....

As for what's been going on, we have several cool mods being worked on. :D

Yus, I saw. 'Squeaker's latest release caught my eye; had me laughing as well as wallowing in nostalgia. I bought a compilation CD for the Xbawks 360 which had Golden Axe I on a few months ago, amusingly enough.

Annoyingly enough the cookies came out perfectly, but the wretched whisk short-circuited (electiricity arcing in the the casing and all too) so I need to buy a new one. Literally got no money for that though, spent my weekly allowance on, er, essentially shopping. (For once!)

Glad to see you're doing okay though Aces. (hugs)

Aaaaanyways, how is everyone?
As always, we have lost a few good coders, well they disappeared... that we really miss.

But some have come to replace them, new mods come out and more are developed. Widescreen mod being one you might not have seen yet, and despite it's name, it works well on the standard monitors, with bigger than 800x600 resolution. Spell&Item Revisions... and few other mods.

Ouh, and there is The Imp loose. :blush:

Bought Temple of Elemental Evil a week ago too actually...
You do know of the Circle of Eight, and their 2 mods, one additional content without which the game is horrible, well, not entirely but still, and a total Convention demo with a lot of potential.

Yeah, I already downloaded and installed their work, I must admit I'm hesitent about it though; I kinda want to play it without stuff being added first time around.

bigg: shush, you haven't played the demo yet (preordering) and it's lots of fun. Besides, running up to a witch and walloping her with a frying pan is just too much fun to miss. (even if her response is terminal.) :blush:

bigg: shush, you haven't played the demo yet (preordering) and it's lots of fun. Besides, running up to a witch and walloping her with a frying pan is just too much fun to miss. (even if her response is terminal.) :blush:

I have L4D1, and it's so criminally consolized, lacking in content, unbalanced and buggy that I'm not going to spend another 30 Eu to see if they got their act together this time around.

Erm, how so? I found it was a blast. And L4D2 is alot better imo, even from just playing the demo.

consolized

Server browser. It's available via a console command, which means they hid the button because of the consoletards.

lacking in content

4 and half campaigns that play exactly the same, four different weapons (pistol, dual pistols, SMG and assault rifle are just reskins of each other), six different enemies. Compare to the equally priced Orange Box.

unbalanced

Cornering.

Also, the witch is powerless to even remotely competent players. The tank is just a test to see if your health is in the green and can run backwards without hitting the geometry. All other infected are tests to see how fast you can M2, or if they manage to incap you six times via attrition.

buggy

Survival still has glitch spots.

I think you might like L4D2 then. They're murdered corner tanking quite well with the Spitter and to an extent the Charger. They also added the melee fatigue to the coop. The melee weapons don't get melee fatigue but of course, that means you're vunerable to smokers/chargers/spitters ect. The demo features 3 different assault rifles (m16, ak47 with a slightly lower rof but better penetration, and a SCAR that fires in burts), a handcannon alternative to the pistols or melee, and sections where you have to (in the demo for example) move ahead to turn off an alarm, or the infected just keep rushing you so you can't corner tank your way through a rush.

Yeah, I already downloaded and installed their work, I must admit I'm hesitent about it though; I kinda want to play it without stuff being added first time around.

I do recommend installing the Circle of Eight Modpack.

In a day or two there will be a new release. Without their modpack (which is anyway incomplete and the final 6.0.0 version is scheduled for 2010), the game is so horribly bugged to be practically unplayable. You do not want to try that, really.

Also, Sitra Achara there is working on an AI overhaul mod which is going to give the player a better challenge. No ETA though (now it's 70% done).

Archived