Bugs/Typos in v3

Grim Squeaker

the mac postinstall file is broken - for some reason you chose to spell out all the ogg filenames manually, but some of them have wav extensions in the list and thus can't be found. I was installing on linux, so I killed the extra mac check and then modified its converter to use the system sox if it is found. The end result without the tpa change is:

#!/bin/sh

ogg_files="g#tfsong.ogg g#tyrs01.ogg g#tyrs02.ogg g#tyrs03.ogg g#tyrs04.ogg g#tyrs05.ogg g#tyrs06.ogg g#tyrs07.ogg g#tyrs08.ogg g#tyrs09.ogg g#tyrs10.ogg g#tyrs11.ogg g#tyrs12.ogg g#tyrs13.ogg g#tyrs14.ogg g#tyrs15.ogg g#tyrs16.ogg g#tyrs17.ogg g#tyrs18.ogg g#tyrs19.ogg g#tyrs20.ogg g#tyrs21.ogg g#tyrs22.ogg g#tyrs23.ogg g#tyrs24.ogg g#tyrs25.ogg g#tyrs26.ogg g#tyrs27.ogg g#tyrs28.ogg g#tyrs29.ogg g#tyrs30.ogg g#tyrs31.ogg g#tyrs32.ogg g#tyrs33.ogg g#tyrs34.ogg g#tyrs35.ogg g#tyrs36.ogg g#tyrs37.ogg g#tyrs38.ogg g#tyrs39.ogg g#tyrs40.ogg g#tyrs41.ogg g#tyrs42.ogg g#tyrs43.ogg g#tyrs44.ogg g#tyrs45.ogg g#tyrs46.ogg g#tyrs47.ogg g#tyrs48.ogg g#tyrs49.ogg g#tyrs50.ogg g#tyrs51.ogg g#tyrs52.ogg g#tyrs53.ogg g#tyrs54.ogg g#tyrs55.ogg g#tyrs56.ogg g#tyrs57.ogg g#tyrs58.ogg g#tyrs59.ogg g#tyrs60.ogg g#tyrs61.ogg g#tyrs62.ogg g#tyrs63.ogg g#tyrs64.ogg g#tyrs65.ogg g#tyrs66.ogg g#tyrs67.ogg g#tyrs68.ogg g#tyrs69.ogg g#tyrs70.ogg g#tyrs71.ogg g#tyrs72.ogg g#tyrs73.ogg g#tyrs74.ogg g#tyrs75.ogg g#tyrs76.ogg g#tyrs77.ogg g#tyrs78.ogg g#tyrs79.ogg g#tyrs80.ogg g#tyrs81.ogg g#tyrs82.ogg g#tyrs83.ogg g#tyrs84.ogg g#tyrs85.ogg g#tyrs86.ogg g#tyrs87.ogg g#tyrs88.ogg g#tyrs89.ogg g#tyrs90.ogg g#tyrs91.ogg g#tyrs92.ogg g#tyrs93.ogg g#tyrs94.ogg g#tyrs95.ogg g#tyrs96.ogg g#tyrs97.ogg g#tyrs98.ogg g#tyrs99.ogg g#tyrsa0.ogg g#tyrsa1.ogg g#tyrsa2.ogg g#tyrsa3.ogg g#tyrsa4.ogg g#tyrsa5.ogg g#tyrsa6.ogg g#tyrsa7.ogg g#tyrsa8.ogg g#tyrsa9.ogg g#tyrsb0.ogg g#tyrsb1.ogg g#tyrsb2.ogg g#tyrsb3.ogg g#tyrsb4.ogg g#tyrsb5.ogg g#tyrsb6.ogg g#tyrsb7.ogg g#tyrsb8.ogg g#tyrsb9.ogg"

sox="tyrisflare/audio/ogg/sox"
if `sox --version >/dev/null`; then
 # use the system sox if it is present
 sox="sox"
fi 

for file in $ogg_files; do
 echo Converting $file
 eval $sox  TyrisFlare/Audio/ogg/$file override/${file%.ogg}.wav
done

or more sanely:

#!/bin/sh

sox="tyrisflare/audio/ogg/sox"
if `sox --version >/dev/null`; then
 # use the system sox if it is present
 sox="sox"
fi 

for file in TyrisFlare/Audio/ogg/g*.ogg; do
 echo Converting $file
 eval $sox  $file override/`basename ${file%.ogg}`.wav
done

it should work on both platforms if sox is preinstalled. The bundled version is mac only.

Guest Dimuthu

Hi. After a while of not playing I wanted to get back to this game again but some weidu mods i try to install after G3 Fixpack and Tweaks don't start up. The downloads work then the dos window opens for a short period then closes. Then when I try to start setup-tyrisflare for example it says this:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

Any help? I have BG2: SoA + patch installed. G3 BG2 Fixpack, G3 Tweaks and the darkest day always work. tactics, item upgrade, unfinished business, widescreen mod sometimes work. tyris flare, kelsey and vecna don't work. Vecna shows up with other problem which I didn't note down. It says successful install but then lots of error messages : /

Thanks. D.

Hi. After a while of not playing I wanted to get back to this game again but some weidu mods i try to install after G3 Fixpack and Tweaks don't start up. The downloads work then the dos window opens for a short period then closes. Then when I try to start setup-tyrisflare for example it says this:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

Any help? I have BG2: SoA + patch installed. G3 BG2 Fixpack, G3 Tweaks and the darkest day always work. tactics, item upgrade, unfinished business, widescreen mod sometimes work. tyris flare, kelsey and vecna don't work. Vecna shows up with other problem which I didn't note down. It says successful install but then lots of error messages : /

Thanks. D.

Are you playing in Windows 7? If so, do you have it installed in Program Files? If that's the case, there are often permission issues. I'd reinstall BG2 in a folder that's not Program Files e.g., make a Games folder.

Guest Dimuthu

Are you playing in Windows 7? If so, do you have it installed in Program Files? If that's the case, there are often permission issues. I'd reinstall BG2 in a folder that's not Program Files e.g., make a Games folder.

Thanks. I am on Windows 7 but I have a seperate games folder outside of program files already. This issue has never come up before when I have played the game with mods on the same computer. Recent windows updates?

Guest Dimuthu

also, if useful: WeiDU v 21100 Log

C:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-TyrisFlare.exe

version = 22400

Newest WeiDU is version 22400, updating!

WeiDU files in version order:

[setup-bg2_tweaks.exe] version 22400

[setup-bg2fixpack.exe] version 22400

[setup-TyrisFlare.exe] version 21100

[setup-bg2_tweaks.exe] loaded, 659968 bytes

Copying [setup-bg2_tweaks.exe] -> [setup-TyrisFlare.exe]: false

Archived