Amelia

Guest!

There is still a major issue with Amelia's balance as of version 20.

She still has immunity to +2 weapons - both melee and projectile. I was playing an Inquisitor with a Long Sword +2, and Kivan and Jaheria both had Arrows +2 and Bullets +2, respectively. All of their weapons were totally ineffective.

The staggeringly high magic resistance does not help the problem, and Amelia's ability to go Etheral makes it impossible to keep up.

And one more rock into Amelia's garden: scared by the reported overpowerness, I booby trapped the area around, then attacked her without confronting. She went down in an instant, but when returned to Natan with the ring, he "has nothing to say to you".

And one more rock into Amelia's garden: scared by the reported overpowerness, I booby trapped the area around, then attacked her without confronting. She went down in an instant, but when returned to Natan with the ring, he "has nothing to say to you".

What exactly had you done in the quest? Had you previously talked to Amelia or Natan?

If you have the CLUAConsole active could you check a variable and report it? I'd to see what state the quest is at.

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","Global")

talked once to Amelia (agreed to look), talked to Natan, whacked Amelia. The variable is 10.

That's what I thought. If you don't talk to Amelia, the variable doesn't get advanced and Natan has no valid dialogs for X#CoranSuccubus = 10.

This command will allow you to advance the plot of the quest.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","Global",13)

Isn't this something that happens always when you kill someone you are supposed to talk to, without talking to them? If the "supposed to talk" = "sets a flag", that is.

In any case the problem is obviously that the encounter is overpowered, thus semi-forcing players to do a cheese-kill.

talked once to Amelia (agreed to look), talked to Natan, whacked Amelia. The variable is 10.

That's what I thought. If you don't talk to Amelia, the variable doesn't get advanced and Natan has no valid dialogs for X#CoranSuccubus = 10.

This command will allow you to advance the plot of the quest.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#CoranSuccubus","Global",13)

Thanks, but I'm past it. It's just that the quest should be fixed.

Isn't this something that happens always when you kill someone you are supposed to talk to, without talking to them? If the "supposed to talk" = "sets a flag", that is.

In any case the problem is obviously that the encounter is overpowered, thus semi-forcing players to do a cheese-kill.

I'd say these are 2 separate issues. Killing without talking is perfectly valid.

Archived